Thread: mojo killin

Default mojo killin

a field i deer hunt has been having a bunch of doves coming into it... it was planted in corn, and after the guy harvested it, he plowed it all up, except for a five row strip down the middle (i think he left it for insurance purposes)... well anyway, i decided one morning last week to go there the next morning and see if i could kill a few... well me and a buddy did, and we shot poorly, and left the field 30 minutes too early, but managed to scratch out 7...well, i thought i had a game plan then... knew where i needed to be for the next hunt if they continued to use the field. went solo yesterday morning and quickly figured out that i was in the wrong spot.... and again i shot poorly, came home with 6, but left about 50-75 on the light line in the middle of the field..... i realised that if one dove was on the power line, and another dove came into the field, that dove was going to fly right to the dove on the line... and it just built from there, until they were all sittin on the line 100 yards away...

so yesterday i go pick me up a mojo dove, and a 4 pack of those clip on dove decoys..... i rig one up on a fishin rod with an egg sinker on it.... me and a buddy get in the field this morning, and i threw the one decoy up over the line, and set the mojo out about 15 yards, and hid in the rows of corn....

well, at 8:30 we had 24 doves dead.... and left them to go to work still comin in the field in singles and doubles.... them damn doves would fly in to the field, spot the dove on the line, and then spot the mojo. then they would swoop low and buzz the mojo, just like a flock of teal...

damn fun time!!!

i think i need to give them a break for atleast the rest of the week.

ive never killed doves in this field before, and never seen them using the field like this before..... better kill em while they are there.

thanks for the invite
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Great way to start the day....nice wackage!

Good killing. Those mojos are fun to shoot over under the right circumstances.

We put one up on a 10' extension pole designed for the mojo mallard and it worked well, too.

i absolutely hate going to a dove shoot with alot of people and seeing a mojo in the field... BUT, its the ticket with one or two people in a large field...

Now that's fun right there.

good work!

Gotta love it when a plan comes together!

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    i absolutely hate going to a dove shoot with alot of people and seeing a mojo in the field... BUT, its the ticket with one or two people in a large field...
    Agreed. I don't have one, but when I see someone show up with one I quickly let'em know we are sitting together.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Very nice!
    HRCH Johnny's "Tucker" Out Splashin' MN
    HR Drew's Outback Girl "Bindi"

glad i took advantage of this when i did.... went back this morning and shot once, killed one. didnt even see 24 doves.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    thanks for the invite
    yeah, his phone must not dial out anymore........
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK