Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is DU ruining duck hunting

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trigger: Have you belonged to DU? Sounds like you have and are like a disgruntled ex-member. Since you seem to have a lot to say, why don't you post a link to this thread on Ducks.org, so everyone can read it?
    At least I'm housebroken.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Trigger I'm not sure what you think DU should be doing or controlling that would help put more ducks in your boat next year that they are not already doing. Maybe if you'd care to talk through some of specific points where you feel DU has failed or should be doing a better job we could all come up with some ideas and get beyond just telling everybody how ignorant they are and how much money they've wasted. As it is now, there is a whole lot of ranting not supported by any facts, or any specifics for that matter. If you want to wave your arms and lambast DU at the top of your lungs that's certianly your business, but if you want to sway folks to your way of thinking and get out some new ideas you need to start talking specifics. What exactly is DU not doing that they should be doing in your opinion that would help put more ducks in the sky?

trigger Coots

Maybe if you'd care to talk through some of specific points where you feel DU has failed
    OK. Specific points.

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF DUCKS. FAILURE!

THE ATLANTIC FLYWAY IS DEAD. FAILURE!

THE MISSISSIPPI FLYWAY IS ON LIFE SUPPORT. FAILURE!

What exactly is DU not doing that they should be doing in your opinion
    How many times must I say it? ADMIT FAILURE AND ABANDON THE PATH THAT BROUGHT US TO THIS CATASTROPHIC LOSS OF FLYWAY AND MIGRATORY DUCKS.

Is it really that hard to understand?

So you would say that the reason the Atlantic Flyway is dead, the Mississippi is dieing and we are running out of ducks is because DU has spent a billion dollars to preserve and protect wetland habitats throughout North America?

trigger Coots

No. I would say that IN SPITE of a billion dollars spent by Ducks Un-Limited on habitat etc. ducks are teetering on the brink of disaster.

The great habitat experiment was a failed one. It did not work. It will not work. We need an Org. that will take a fresh look at the problems on our breeding grounds and flyways if DU cannot get their heads out of their asses and do it for us.

Originally posted by trigger:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Maybe if you'd care to talk through some of specific points where you feel DU has failed
    OK. Specific points.

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF DUCKS. FAILURE!

THE ATLANTIC FLYWAY IS DEAD. FAILURE!

THE MISSISSIPPI FLYWAY IS ON LIFE SUPPORT. FAILURE!

What exactly is DU not doing that they should be doing in your opinion
    How many times must I say it? ADMIT FAILURE AND ABANDON THE PATH THAT BROUGHT US TO THIS CATASTROPHIC LOSS OF FLYWAY AND MIGRATORY DUCKS.

Is it really that hard to understand?
    </font>[/QUOTE]
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

Originally posted by deadduck:
    Whats the new direction? What way do you want DU to go? What is the method that they should be using to correct the problems?
    Well- were still waiting...

About 10 different people have asked you for your ideas. No response. I even pm'd you for your ideas. No response.

2 choices- Tell us your ideas or tell us about the time some DU member shit in your hat, either way it will get this moving forward.
    \"My idea of fast food is a mallard.\"- Ted Nugent

"Bitch..."

LMFAO...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

that's fishwhistle in the picture. he is a BAD ASS!!
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

Ok, so if DU admitted that they failed, then what? I would love to hear your answer to this one.... Again, scream at the top of your lungs and do not support DU, do not support any thing that helps in habitat or land buying. So what would the DU in your eyes be the perfect model of duck preservation? Would they release birds? would they build johnny houses for Ducks? Would they put air conditioners in fields all across the midwest? Would the make farmers plant crops at certain times? Would they redesign the wood duck box? Would they not have banquets but instead stand in the road with DU waders on with a rubber boot asking for money at every stopsign? Again, I dont support DU in my area, But if DU and DW dont do what they are Suppose to do, then what is your grand plan? Telling people that we are throwing our money away and calling us dumbfuks is not a good way for people to listen.... Lets hear it, i am intrigued!
    I know I\'m lame cause I have to shoot the tame.

Well as Duckman put it in his post above, unless you can outline what you would do on the breeding grounds to improve waterfowl populations you're really nothing more than a whiner.
    Either lay out a plan and back it up with facts, figures, and information to illustrate how you arrived at your plan, or realize that without something credible to compliment your whining you're really no different than a crackhead standing in line at the welfare office crying about the Man keeping them down.

Originally posted by deadduck:
    Whats the new direction? What way do you want DU to go? What is the method that they should be using to correct the problems?
    Well... were waiting.

10 different people have asked to hear your ideas. No response. I even pm'd you to hear them. No response.

Tell us your plan or tell us about the time some DU member shit in your hat. Either way it will get this moving.
    \"My idea of fast food is a mallard.\"- Ted Nugent

forget them ,trigger. come &@^# with me. i have been away all day since my computer broke down and i didn't have a 10 year old kid around to get me up and running...

so, please tell me what exact year in our nation's history that you would like to go back to. one question. one answer. i am waiting.

(hurry up, I need a drink and have to go home for that.)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I was wondering when Duckman's step son would show up.

[img]graemlins/smokin2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/008.gif[/img]

Could more be done? Sure. But where would we be today without DU and Delta? Probably wouldn't be a single duck in the sky. I know I wouldn't be shooting turkey's on my farm in the spring had it not been for NWTF and I don't really care about half the stupid crap they put out. I dang sure ain't going to Charlotte to listen to Lee Greenwood but I've got some perspective on their accomplishments.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Trigger - You are right. I support DU and what it does - Preserve breeding grounds and wintering habitat. DU has done good work in SC. But I get a little tired of reading about what great flights we are getting, and the magazine never says one single thing about the SERIOUS problems in the Atlantic Flyway. As a matter of fact, a recent article actually tried to debunk the "myth" that hunter success has declined, by showing statisticly that harvest numbers have remained constant since the 70's. Like the commercialization of duckhunting in the Mississippi Flyway isn't responsibe for that!

I stayed up all night waiting for a response....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2th, i even checked last night before i went to bed..... still waiting to hear this one.. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crotchkick.gif[/img]
    I know I\'m lame cause I have to shoot the tame.

skydawg...give it a rest.