Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bread-Fed's come under fire

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I am not sure I agree. I think more shooting preserves should be allowed. I think all of the MRP little ponds should come under the guideline of preserve.
    They shouldn't be allowed to operate outside the law without this title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

They won't allow that Art.
    They still want to be able to shoot wild ducks.
    you see, the SCWA boys hold about 12,000 ringnecks(between all the ponds)every year.
    They love to shoot them at daylight and then shoot the mallards at 8:30.
    Do you think they will want to give that up??
    No, they will fight and fight, until ONE day they will be able to kill wild ducks and 10 release mallards.
    Which is BULLSHIT!!!!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Originally posted by JABIII:
    Posted on Sat, Jan. 20, 2007
    Shooting preserve operators say they provide a service people want.
    [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

That's all the justification I need to open the brothel I have been thinking about.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If someone wants to raise mallards and throw them in the air then so be it. Its not a wild bird and not being released as a wild bird. They cant shoot wild birds so what does it matter. Its a game, not hunting. Give them their specific regulations and keep it seperate from REAL hunting. These people dont realize that the real problem is the MRP's. An MRP should not be allowed in an area where it is possible for their to be migratory waterfowl, and no migratory waterfowl should be able to be shot while taking pen raised animals.

A preserve is nothing more than a chicken shoot. Any type of pen raised animal should have a seperate set of regulations for it, seperate from wild species. These people wouldnt know the difference if you painted a chickens head green and threw it in the air. Let them play their game and put the focus on the real problem!
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

The thing is HC, is that MRPs are already everywhere.
    I know that ya'll don't see alot of them up your way, but if it continues you will.
    I can vividly remember when they started because they started right here around the lake.
    SCWA was supposed to be a Great thing for waterfowl and has turned into a mess.
    They spread like kudzu and anyone that asked for a grant to build a "wildlife habitat" could have one built for little to no cost to them.
    the state has built more of them for people than you will ever know.
    I admit we looked into it.
    How many of you hunted the lakes during the "in between" period??
    I am referring to the period when the hydrilla was almost gone and before the MRP boom.
    there was a time period that ringnecks, teal and widgeon were fairly plentiful.
    You could still kill wild mallards, but you had to find them.
    Then, they started this MRP mess and the ringnecks and widgeon went to the MRP ponds, the release ducks did migrate and showed up everywhere on the lakes.
    During that time, everyone around my area was killing nothing but woodies and scwa mallards.
    But the migratory birds had left to sit on the MRP and managed ponds.
    And Duck Tape, i don't care what you say, there are plenty of MRPs that hold good numbers of migratory ducks.
    We have not seen many wild ducks return to the lakes since this period, with the exception of 97,99,2000.
    2002, was a better year, but nothing like the past.
    My point is, the MRPs are holding the bulk of the ducks that once wintered along the Santee watershed.
    I'm pissed that they are allowed to do this with the aid of LIVE DECOYS.
    These ponds would still be productive, but not nearly as productive without the mallards calling them in.
    I bet if the MRP boys tried it like two rivers and didn't release ducks(to the best of my knowledge) they wouldn't see near the amount of migratory ducks.
    There are a select few of the MRP guys with any real waterfowl biology knowledge. They lost their best man Bryson McCord because of their twisted BS.
    The rest of them are just Rich dumbasses who hear a friend say "hey man, build you a duck pond and release some ducks on there"
    Guy thinks OK i will, why not? its easy!!
    And these ponds hold the bulk of the ducks, ONLY because they have the CALL BIRDS.

I will step down now!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I completely agree that food and no disturbance are the key factor.
    However, I know SEVERAL MRP operations over there that had Corn ponds long before the MRP began.
    They held loads of woodies and ringnecks, but no puddle ducks.
    A few have even told me flat out "Since we have been releasing mallards we have loaded up on widgeon,teal and gadwall."
    The CALL BIRDS do work!!!
    Trust me they do.
    That my friend is using LIVE DECOYS.
    The ducks on Santee have been under the same pressure for a long time, they stuck to the lakes UNTIL the MRP boom.
    Hell, the first 3 years the waterfowl ponds had only mallards, but the birds found refuge, yes, food,yes, but they damn sure followed the tame ducks that came to the lakes back home to the ponds.