Thread: Setting up a club ?

O.K. Guys I need some help here. I have been told that I maybe able to set up a small club here at work. Where I work is a big corporation and I need to get all my P's and Q's in order to submit to security of the corporation.

I know you guy's have all these hunting clubs and have had to get insurance and the like.

How is the best way to approach this.

I was told bowhunting only. Maybe setting up some bi-laws. Let me know how yall do it.

I am excited about this because this place has not been hunted in as far as I have been working here in 15 yr's. And we have deer an turkey walking in the back of the plant all the time. LOADED I mean LOADED.
    If I have to explain you would not understand! A turkey see's a stump and thinks it's a man a deer see's a man and thinks it's a stump.

I know Buckmasters has club insurance and I think QDMA as well should be able to help. As far as by-laws, you can do it any way you want that suites the membership but most clubs I have been in have had a pres, sec, treas and such. Have a guest policy. I have seen fist fights break out over one person "joining" and bringing his buddy as a guest all the time when what they were doing was splitting the dues.

Family membership or just head of house with addl fees for family. Lot of other questions too about required work days etc come to mind. I can see about getting you a copy of our clubs to give you some idea.

That would be great Glenn Thanks for your input.
    If I have to explain you would not understand! A turkey see's a stump and thinks it's a man a deer see's a man and thinks it's a stump.

There is a company here in Cola. Garvin I think is the name. That's who we used. About $200 for $1 million in coverage. They are tied in with QDMA and you get a club membership it the Org. as I recall.
    Good luck and feel free to send a pm if you want any of those pesky turkeys kilt

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

When I ran the Bowhunter Ed. Program, a few companies did just what you are talking about. I would STRONGLY recommend making Bowhunter Ed. mandatory for several reasons. In addition to what you will learn to make you safer and more effective, making "safety education" mandatory is a good political thing to do. It shows good faith and responsibility in the eyes of the non-hunters as well as the corporate executives. It is a win-win situation. We used to teach classes every year for Union Camp for a number of years.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I will be glad to teach bowhunter effectiveness courses. We could meet every Saturday morning around 11:30, after I hunt the property, and I could tell you why I shot the deer where I shot the deer on your place [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Candor,dont you mean why you shot AT the deer & where you missed him?
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Poor Ol' Candor. Damn. I'd like to hear about your new bow. SM told me a little about it, but no details. I'm in the market. I have some great property lines in Whitestone you should check out some time!!! JK DB68- Jus Bo-shittin'....