Thread: Ironman in 2 weeks

Default Ironman in 2 weeks

Ironman Louisville is two weeks from today. Our team has so far raised $8000 (we have 700 to 800 dollars in checks to process that havent posted) for the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund. The money will be distrubuted to wounded Marines that are from right here in South Carolina. Hopefully our efforts will in some way help one or two of these heroes have a little easier life now that they are home with us. Check out our fundraising site.
    http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=185417

Since November 5,2011 I have trained 202 days out of the last 299
    300 hours
    2,300 bicycle miles
    645 running miles
    106 swimming miles

I've done all I can do, nothing else will prepare me more than I have already done. I'll be taking it easy for the next two weeks. Just a few runs and a little swimming. Say a little prayer for me and my 4 other team mates sometime in the next two weeks. We'll need it. Thanks for reading.

good luck man, even though hard work has everything to do with it rather than luck. that's a pretty badass thing that you're doing. if i had the dedication to train day in, day out then that's something that would be very cool to try to do. be sure to come back here and let us know how it went.

ps-congrats on beating anorexia
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Man that is awesome and what yall are doing for WW will guarentee you paradise. It takes a lot of heart to train at that level and keep your committment to yourself - congrats, you've already won.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 08-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.

How did you do?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

You've got my prayers Cedar Creek.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Im Alive........
    I woke up Sunday morning at 03:30 to eat and evacuate. I had a sausage egg bagel, banana, cliff bar, orange juice and a 20 0z coffee. @5-600 calories for fuel. We left to the bike transition area @4:45 and checked on bikes, tires and added nutrition bottles to the bike and went to the swim start. Waited there until the gun went off at 7am. I didnt get into the water until 7:11. It takes a while to get 3000 people in a canal all at once. Swim went good, The Ohio river tastes like deisel fuel. Anyone wearing white in the swim now has a permanant tan tint to what used to be white. 2.4 miles in 1hr 47 mins. 13 mins to get changed into bike clothes, get my bike and get on the course. The bike course in Louisville is 112 miles of up and down hills. the first 10 miles is along the river and generally flat then goes into the Kentucky Horse farms and hills. Up and down for 90 ish miles in 94 degree heat. Bike was 7 hours 31 mins. That included stops at aid stations for water and gatorade. It took me 16 mins to change from bike clothes to run clothes and then off onto the marathon. I was able to run 8/10ths miles then walk through 1-2/10ths mile through the aid stations at each mile then pick up the run again. At the id stations I drank water, then gatorade then chicken broth or ate orange slices or banana. Cool my head down with an ice sponge and start running again and repeat. I did this until mile 18. At mile 18 I began to run 9 1/2 -10 1/2 minute mile pace and kept that up for the remaining 6.2 miles to the finish without the walking. My 26.2 mile run was 5hours 31 mins. After going through the finish, I sat down on a curb with my wife and was told I shouldnt sit down because I might not be able to get back up. I stood up and the world started to spin, I threw up 3 times and ended up in the medical building with an IV. I was a new man after that. Overall my time was 15 hours and 23 mins. It was a very difficult day, but in a twisted way, I had a great time. hanks for reading and your prayers.

Awesome! Gotta work on those transitions! Just kidding! When is the next one......

Congrats Sir
    Bone....

Wow. Congrats indeed.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

In the words of R.Lee Ermey! You are officially born again hard! Way to go, and congratulations! I know the pain of just doing the marathon part...I can only imagine how tough it is to complete the whole deal. Way to go! You should be proud as shit for what you accomplished and for what you are doing for those marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Creek View Post
    Im Alive........
    I woke up Sunday morning at 03:30 to eat and evacuate. I had a sausage egg bagel, banana, cliff bar, orange juice and a 20 0z coffee. @5-600 calories for fuel. We left to the bike transition area @4:45 and checked on bikes, tires and added nutrition bottles to the bike and went to the swim start. Waited there until the gun went off at 7am. I didnt get into the water until 7:11. It takes a while to get 3000 people in a canal all at once. Swim went good, The Ohio river tastes like deisel fuel. Anyone wearing white in the swim now has a permanant tan tint to what used to be white. 2.4 miles in 1hr 47 mins. 13 mins to get changed into bike clothes, get my bike and get on the course. The bike course in Louisville is 112 miles of up and down hills. the first 10 miles is along the river and generally flat then goes into the Kentucky Horse farms and hills. Up and down for 90 ish miles in 94 degree heat. Bike was 7 hours 31 mins. That included stops at aid stations for water and gatorade. It took me 16 mins to change from bike clothes to run clothes and then off onto the marathon. I was able to run 8/10ths miles then walk through 1-2/10ths mile through the aid stations at each mile then pick up the run again. At the id stations I drank water, then gatorade then chicken broth or ate orange slices or banana. Cool my head down with an ice sponge and start running again and repeat. I did this until mile 18. At mile 18 I began to run 9 1/2 -10 1/2 minute mile pace and kept that up for the remaining 6.2 miles to the finish without the walking. My 26.2 mile run was 5hours 31 mins. After going through the finish, I sat down on a curb with my wife and was told I shouldnt sit down because I might not be able to get back up. I stood up and the world started to spin, I threw up 3 times and ended up in the medical building with an IV. I was a new man after that. Overall my time was 15 hours and 23 mins. It was a very difficult day, but in a twisted way, I had a great time. hanks for reading and your prayers.

Wow man- I can only imagine...
    Great Job!

DAMN good job!!!

that's one hell of an accomplishment, congrats for making your dream come true.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

fark'n'a bad farkin ass my man.

Wow.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Unreal. Nice work and congrats on finishing and raising the money.

Impressive sir.

Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Congrats! Knew you could do it!

Great accomplishment. I had lunch with Jon yesterday and he told me the war stories. Congratulations on raising money for a great cause.

Congratulations. Did you take Sunday off?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt