Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My fucking shoulder

Default My fucking shoulder

I'm addicted to CrossFit. I freely admit it. And like all addictions, there are consequences. The consequences of this addiction is a fucked up left shoulder.

Rewind to 5 months ago, my shoulder was hurting like hell during WODs with heavy shoulder to overhead movements. It only hurt during the descending movement in the last part of the motion. I went to the doctor, was told the pain was caused by a weak rotator cuff, went to PT, did the prescribed excercises, rotator cuff muscles got stronger and I ovecame it. No more pain.

Fast forward three months. Something weird and slow progressing has been happening with that same shoulder over the last 6 weeks. Now, apparently, my collar bone has moved out of position where it attaches to my sternum. When it moved, something shifted along with it back towards my shoulder and is now "rubbing" on tissue or bone or something back in there, and was sending all sorts of fucked up referred pain to places where nothing was wrong.

The PT guy is telling me I need to stay off it for a while, perhaps indefinately. Fuck that. I've been out of the gym for going on three weeks now. I'm starting back TODAY. I'm going to do the fucking posted WOD, which included 5 rounds of thrusters and push press at 135# and I'm going to Rx the mother fucker. Ice is cheap.

I subscribe to Glenn's school of thought on this kind of shit. If I'm going to be in pain, I'm going to be strong where it hurts.

I played through the pain. A lot. What you describe sounds like what I had. MRI showed a compression due to my clavicle being slammed down onto the bursa and the top of the RC.

Surgery has fixed me. Completely. Taking it easy was never an option. Like you just said. If I'm going to hurt then I will at least be strong and hurt.

Get it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I wish I had your dedication.

I'm quickly turning into a fatass...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Now, apparently, my collar bone has moved out of position where it attaches to my sternum. When it moved, something shifted along with it back towards my shoulder and is now "rubbing" on tissue or bone or something back in there, and was sending all sorts of fucked up referred pain to places where nothing was wrong.
    I have the same problem. Right shoulder/collarbone. Short of surgery, nothing to do for it according to the guys at Midland Ortho.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have the same problem. Right shoulder/collarbone. Short of surgery, nothing to do for it according to the guys at Midland Ortho.
    You could sew up that vag...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    You could sew up that vag...
    Your avatar sucks
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Your avatar sucks
    I'll work on that.

After my avatar hijack the other day, I've yet to settle on something I love...

Will update...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I wish I had your dedication.

I'm quickly turning into a fatass...
    Turbo,that takes dedication as well.Fish hope you overcome the problem.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I would definitely get a shot of coritsone in the right spot to reduce the swelling and take it easy for a couple of weeks.
    I have had mucho shoulder problems over the years. mri showed a full depth tear of the rc. Honestly, it feels great these days. Not near as strong as it prior to hurting it, but hey...good enough.

I have had 4 shots in right and 3 in left over a 14 year period. If it isn't in exactly the right spot, you are peeing in the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Turbo, dude, enough with the avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

Which doc did you see at Midlands? Green was my guy, he knows his shit
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Turbo, dude, enough with the avatar
    It ain't Turbo friend...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

But BB said he couldnt change avatars, surely he wouldnt lie to us......

Seems like Greene was mine as well. Been a while. I toughed it out, do some exercises, and it isnt as much of a problem any more. Still have some clicking and popping, but otherwise, I have a full range of movement.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Dont be dragging my name through ya'lls drama.

Good luck with it. My experience is if its fucked up, continuing to aggrevate it won't get it healed.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

what was the diagnosis that the Dr gave you? sounds like AC/RC crap... have you ever torn your RC at any point?

Liability Waiver for Reebok CrossFit Drywall

Posted on August 26, 2011 by Drywall

This is a real place. Seriously.

Express assumption of risk: I, the undersigned, am aware that I may seriously fuck myself up doing this shit. Fucking myself up includes, but is not limited to: tearing my hands open, tearing my shins open, tearing my Achilles, tearing my SLAP (whatever the fuck that is), and just fucking tearing shit in general. It’ll definitely happen, it’s more a question of when. I am also fully aware that getting torn up may be some other dickshit’s fault, like I might get a goddamn barbell dropped on me or some shit. Come to think of it that’s more likely to result in a break, so yeah, breaks and tears both. Also, death is still on the table.

I willingly assume full responsibility for all tears/breaks/deaths that may or may not occur. Basically, my bad. Even if I am so physically horsefucked mid-workout that I have no business continuing but do anyway because everyone is yelling at me, it’s still my own fucking fault. I, the undersigned, also acknowledge that (in my own mind), I’m not a pussy, so if caught acting like one, I authorize the use of the aforementioned verbal abuse, even if it ultimately kills me.

Initials: ____________________

Release: In consideration of the horseshit mentioned above and the fact that I’m, like, totally fucking ok with it, I the undersigned hereby release Reebok CrossFit Drywall, their principals, agents, marginally qualified coaches, and the dude who sets up the shitty music playlists from any and all liability and claims which are related to my participation in this madness, even if the above mentioned parties are the ones who totally fucked my shit up. Let’s be honest, that’s probably where all this is headed. But, we’re going to be besties, so it’s all good bro!

This agreement shall be binding upon me, my successors, representatives, heirs, executors, assigns, or transferees. This is mostly relevant if I die or I’m in a fucking coma, so it again must be noted that both are possible. And if some cocksucker judge doesn’t like part of this agreement, the rest of it is still valid. Of course, that only matters if I try to sue your ass, so in that event, I also agree to choke on a bag of dicks.

If I am signing on behalf of a minor, I hereby acknowledge that in 20 years, he will be unfit to compete in any sort of competition involving swimming or throwing a softball because he spent too much time dicking around with PVC pipe instead of doing something useful in his formative years.

Indemnification: Let’s talk dollars and cents, shall we? Basically, I’m eating the full cost of fucking myself up. That’s it.

I didn’t pay attention to a goddamn thing mentioned above. I mean really, who fucking reads a liability waiver? Word word words words yadda yadda blah blah blah. I’m waiving all my legal rights but I’m Elite as shit, so there’s no way any of this can go wrong. What.

Signature: __________________________________________________ _____
    Date: __________________________________________________ _________
    Credit Card Number and CCV: ______________________________________
    Mother’s Maiden Name: ____________________________________________

“Excessive? Shit. You already agreed to all of this.”
    -Drywall

Torn RC for me. Earned it from a rather wild weekend. Opted for no surgery. Shoulder is fine now, but that damned collar bone drives me nuts. Sounds like popcorn when I roll my shoulder.