Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gator Reports?

My brother killed a 13fter Saturday at 3:30pm in the Midlands...sucka wuz missin 6 to 8in of his tail which sucks and wuz 850 to 900lbs!
    DUCK MASTER'S CREW

well the big one that the dumbfucks shot is dead... buddies saw a monster dead up on the bank last night.... said it was huge. right down from lowfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    well the big one that the dumbfucks shot is dead... buddies saw a monster dead up on the bank last night.... said it was huge. right down from lowfalls.
    Somebody let em know. They can go harvest the head...which is what half the fuckers doing this shit does anyway.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Somebody let em know. They can go harvest the head...which is what half the fuckers doing this shit does anyway.
    Sad but true.

Could a GW can sit over that thing and make some sort of case? This ain't like sawing the horns off a 2 day old deer carcass.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

sorta figured he would wash up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Sad but true.

Could a GW can sit over that thing and make some sort of case? This ain't like sawing the horns off a 2 day old deer carcass.

Not if they were willing to put there tag in him. I would think they would still be legal as long as you tagged it and removed the carcuss.
    Phillipians 4:13

So just to let yall know I had three lines in that gator 1 Harpon line he pulled out when he started rolling a snatch hook with a foot long metal leader and gator cord that he broke the rod it was hooked to and a grapling hook that he straitend the hook out on so i did everything i could!!!!!!

Sad but true.

I understand your position, I think. BUT, if they did everything within their power (and the law) and he broke free....things happen sometimes despite your nest efforts. To me its is exactly the same thing as a bowkill deer that you can not locate until a week later. Just my 2 cents

You should have gotten their boat numbers and called the law. Word will get out when that animal full of bullet holes floats downstream into the lake.

Unless the rules have changed, arrows, gigs, snatch hooks, harpoons, etc are the PRIMARY DEVICE.

The SECONDARY DEVICE, a SNARE, is supposed to be placed over the animals head to bring it broadside to the boat.

Freakin' idiots been watching too much "Swamp People".

just to let u you know iam not a idiot and i talked to dnr and let them know what happen i did nothing wrong trust me i wanted that gator more then you know i did all i could do to try to harvest him, you were not there this gator was a man he wrecked and broke every thing we had and i had high quailtiy stuff good hooks good line and good harpoon and arrows, i hate i lost him but calling names is childish and i thought this web forum was for grown men how like to hunt and know and understand that shit happens cuz if you have hunted long enough you should now shit happens.

i thought this web forum was for grown men how like to hunt and know and understand that shit happens
    You are right, it is for that sort of folk, but typically, most of us know how to use a period, comma, and sometimes I have seen the proper use of the semicolon in here.

Regarding your gator, hate you lost him. That really sucks. I dont shoot mine unless I have two stout harpoon lines in them, and yes...I have pulled up a few nice ones. While a fishing rod is legal and meets the expectations of the law, it wont hold one if you dont stone him with the first shot. If he is heavy enough, you wont be able to pick him up off the bottom with it either. Two stout lines in them before you shoot.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyde396 View Post
    just to let u you know iam not a idiot and i talked to dnr and let them know what happen i did nothing wrong trust me i wanted that gator more then you know i did all i could do to try to harvest him, you were not there this gator was a man he wrecked and broke every thing we had and i had high quailtiy stuff good hooks good line and good harpoon and arrows, i hate i lost him but calling names is childish and i thought this web forum was for grown men how like to hunt and know and understand that shit happens cuz if you have hunted long enough you should now shit happens.

DDS and BB if I am not mistaken some of the SCDUCKS crew helped these guys out trying to get this one in.

It sucks but shit happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

ive heard the story first hand from the guys that were there... there was a crossbow sitting in the boat that could have got another line in him, instead of 4 bullet holes....

i know stuff happens but this was avoidable... a fishin rod IS NOT A LINE. its merely a way to keep up with where the gator is...neither is a gaff thats built to hold 50lb fish.... ive had dozens of gators get off of a hook... hell i killed a 12'6 gator that we first hooked with a snatch hook... followed him around for 2 hours before we got two more arrows and a harpoon in him...when we finally shot him and pulled him up, the hook was hooked about two inches behind the tip of his snout and wasnt even past the barb..... one wrong head shake and he woulda been off that hook. especially if that would have been the only line we had in him when we shot.

if you had a harpoon line in him that pulled out, then that sucks, but you should have had that thing secured, and one harpoon line isnt secured.

maybe my name calling wasnt warranted, but it could have been avoided for sure.
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 09-13-2011 at 02:30 PM.

You are right, it is for that sort of folk, but typically, most of us know how to use a period, comma, and sometimes I have seen the proper use of the semicolon in here.

Regarding your gator, hate you lost him. That really sucks. I dont shoot mine unless I have two stout harpoon lines in them, and yes...I have pulled up a few nice ones. While a fishing rod is legal and meets the expectations of the law, it wont hold one if you dont stone him with the first shot. If he is heavy enough, you wont be able to pick him up off the bottom with it either. Two stout lines in them before you shoot.
    Well I had a harpoon in him that he pulled out, but as far as my grammar iam a little p/o so that's not my top priority!!!

better to be pissed off than pissed on.

I believe that those boys did everything they thought was right at the time.

It just turned out to be not the right way...

ive heard the story first hand from the guys that were there... there was a crossbow sitting in the boat that could have got another line in him, instead of 4 bullet holes....

Werd !!!

Didn't know you found out like that. We must have passed those guys 5 times on saturday.

The is still a decent one in the area.

DDS were you on the lake saturday evening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

I believe that those boys did everything they thought was right at the time.

It just turned out to be not the right way...
    agreed.... if you havent had experience with a gator that size, things tend to get a little exciting quick like!

I had a crossbow in my boat but you know what you had to be there. I also had some people give me a hand, but iam not sure if it helped us or hurt us. I really appriciated it but there was some thing done that could have been done differnet but thats life. Thank you for your two cents.

agreed.... if you havent had experience with a gator that size, things tend to get a little exciting quick like!
    I dont allow anyone but myself and the tag holder to carry a side arm.

I recall one person a little put out that I wouldn't let him carry his side arm...after we harvested a nice 11'er he said, yeah, I can see why you didnt want me to bring an extra iron.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 09-13-2011 at 02:52 PM.

ChevyD sucks you lost him, tryin to bag a monster like that is a handful and when the shit hits the fan things can get hectic fast! Sounds to me you did everything you could, brush it off shit happens everybody knows that go out and try for another one!
    "run and gun guide service"