Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gator Reports?

Sprig I believe that would be the middle coastal area. We were close enough, you should just jumped on the ugly sob and wrestled him. Someone needs to send him a pm on this one.

quack, where these the 3 that where sitting on the river waiting?.....they had a crossbow with a yellow buoy...if so, that was the fella i seen friday sunning......grown ass man they'd been hooked up on if that's where you're talking about....sad to hear they didn't land him

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    if anyone has a tag where you can kill them in santee delta and wants to know where there is a giant and a damn good one, PM me. Saw them both this morn..the real big one looked like an oyster mound at first.
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by quakcaller View Post
    Saw 3 boys lose a monster south of Low Falls yesterday. Had to be 12-13ft. They had it hooked, shot it and it came off the hook. Im sure those boys are hating it right now. Im sure that gator is dead on the bottom of the river.
    You should have gotten their boat numbers and called the law. Word will get out when that animal full of bullet holes floats downstream into the lake.

Unless the rules have changed, arrows, gigs, snatch hooks, harpoons, etc are the PRIMARY DEVICE.

The SECONDARY DEVICE, a SNARE, is supposed to be placed over the animals head to bring it broadside to the boat.

Freakin' idiots been watching too much "Swamp People".
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by hntdvefsh View Post
    North santee river put in at the pole yard
    Gotcha. We didn't head that way. Figured it would be packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BCGarrick View Post
    Gotcha. We didn't head that way. Figured it would be packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was packed I was lucky to get what I did several guide operations running around

killed.

nothing fancy.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Wasn't secured before shot if all they had it hooked with was a fishing rod. Shoulda had a harpoon or something to get another line in him before shooting. Now there is a dead gator on the bottom of the river and them dumb fucks will be out the next weekend hunting again
    They messed up, but who cares, good riddance in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by quakcaller View Post
    Saw 3 boys lose a monster south of Low Falls yesterday. Had to be 12-13ft. They had it hooked, shot it and it came off the hook. Im sure those boys are hating it right now. Im sure that gator is dead on the bottom of the river.

Maybe not,

this morning.
    In that area.

Last edited by firemedic; 09-11-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    quack, where these the 3 that where sitting on the river waiting?.....they had a crossbow with a yellow buoy...if so, that was the fella i seen friday sunning......grown ass man they'd been hooked up on if that's where you're talking about....sad to hear they didn't land him
    Yeah Im pretty sure that was them. That had to be the one you told us about saturday morning before we left Packs.

If thats him, he should have a severe headache. The one these boys had was hurt bad. He would roll on top of the water like a whale.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Maybe not,

this morning.
    In that area.

kilt a 11' 9" in Pee Dee region last night.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." Newt Gingrich

10' 1" southern coastal sunday morning

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Ok. Well take it how you want it. But havin a 5,6,7 or even 800 lb animal snagged in the skin by a hook isn't secured. Maybe its legal I don't know but either way its stupid to do and resulted in a dead gator on the. Bottom of the river.....

A few more minutes of getting another line in or around him would have made their trip a success
    This.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

This place is startin to sound like charleston fishing.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

BIL killed a 12'-8" 660#-er on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Had an 11 footer on a rod yesterday about 5:00pm but he broke my line.

Gators 1 Duk 0

Hunted all day and night, saw a few nice ones but never got right. Small ones everywhere but even they got spokey after dark. Will be back on the next weekend, going to bow hunt this week.

Looked like the titanic had sunk on the upper lake Saturday night. Boats shining everywhere. Never heard many shots though. Got checked twice both super nice, one of them is even on here(I ain't callin him out though!!) THey said they had not seen many deads one. 1 nice one 12ish was about all they had seen dead around 1 am.
    Phillipians 4:13

Buddy got a 10'10 in the Cooper this morning.

9' footer sat night on north santee at pole yard
    \"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.\" ~John Wayne