Thread: Primal Diet

Default Primal Diet

Fellas can you give me the low down on the Primal/Paleo diet? The good, the bad, what you eat, etc. I was reading in the GERD/acid reflux article about how many people changed to a Primal diet and the symptoms went away. I guess I could Google more than I would want to learn about the diet, but I figured I could get the down and dirty on it from y'all.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Nevermind...I have been reading on here... www.marksdailyapple.com and I am up for the challenge!

Primal and Paleo are basically the same thing with the exception that "Primal" allows for some dairy as long as it is from grass fed cattle.

The gist of it is this;

meat, chicken, fish, fruits (some and mostly low glycemic fruits), vegetables, nuts and seeds.

No grains, note even "whole" grains, no sugar, no legumes and no white tubers (carrots and sweet potatoes are ok d/t their low glycemic state).

There are no volume restrictions. Eat when you are hungry and eat until you are full. It really is nice eating fresh, whole, unprocessed food. You will be amazed when you realize how bad you felt but never knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Nevermind...I have been reading on here... www.marksdailyapple.com and I am up for the challenge!

WOOT!