Thread: Chufa and ???

We got the fertilizer/lime truck coming tomorrow to get our food plots right. We are going to plant Chufa in a coupla weeks. I want to mix in something with it for the deer that may remain thru the summer and into deer season for a little while with out disking it all under and starting over. I am thinking about alyceclover and aeschynomene mixed in with the chufa. I got access to a drill for the clover/vetch and a planter for the chufa. This is going in pretty sandy dirt in Hampton county. If I can get the clover and vetch to come up (it is my understanding that it will be tough and will die back at the first frost), could I broadcast some more winter hardy clovers over the plots in the fall? Am I just hoping too hard for a simple answer for a year round food plot for turkeys and deer with minimal work? Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

A few years back peanuts were planted on our farm. The deer killed them. We are considering planting some food plots with them this year. Peanuts should be planted in well drained sandy soil and take about 120 day to mature if they last that long. I am not sure about the cost. But they are easy to hunt over due to height about 12" tall.

Chuffa doesnt do well with weeds and i would imagine it would be the same with anything else being planted with it.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!