Thread: New Tool for Managers

Here is an idea that is going to be worth taking a look at. http://www.ebuckmail.com/

Once the technology comes around and the bugs are worked out, these cellular game cams will revolutionize the way we look at our plots, fields, and woodland trails.

"Every once in a great while, an innovative product hits the market that revolutionizes the way we hunt. Game cams were such a product when they entered the hunting scene in the 1980s. The e-BuckCam is also such a product, as it brings game cameras into the cellular communications and Internet age. It is truly the next generation of digital game cameras.

By combining the latest cellular technology with e-BuckMail.com's patent-pending communication software, it is now possible for you to keep tabs on what is happening in your favorite hunting spots 24 hours a day and seven days a week - without ever leaving the comfort of your home or office. Patterning that trophy buck and/or checking on other game - whether on the back 40 or across the country - is now as easy as checking your daily e-mail messages.

While the "guts" of the camera and the software that makes it all work are complicated, using the e-BuckCam couldn't be easier.

In fact, it's as easy as 1 - 2 - 3:
    1. Set it and forget it. After testing for cellular coverage using the e-BuckCam's easy one-button testing (green light = signal, red light = no signal, no light = no power), simply place the camera on your favorite game trail using the E-Z mounting system. There is no need to further contaminate your hunting area with human scent by repeatedly returning to your camera to retrieve film or a digital picture card. As long as you have a signal, you will be receiving pictures around the clock on the Internet via e-BuckMail.

2. Picture is taken. When a deer or other game animal passes the camera, a silent picture is taken and sent over e-BuckMail's high-speed cellular portal. Additionally, with e-BuckCam's picture-on-demand capability, you can snap a picture at any time from the comfort of your home or office.

3. You have e-BuckMail! Within a few minutes of the picture being taken, an e-mail is sent notifying you that a new picture is available for viewing. Simply click the hotlink to see what's there now!

So, how can the new e-BuckCam and e-BuckMail service help you become a better hunter? Click here to see how using the next generation of digital game camera can benefit you."

From a security standpoint, having an image taken and emailed to your PC in minutes will give the wildlife manager a huge leap in being able to apprehend poachers and makes this technology very attractive in and of itself. The possibilities are endless. I also like to "on demand" image feature. I can think of several instances where this will come in VERY handy...

why dont we just insert GPS devices in every deer's ass?

geez

It won't be much longer before live web cams are commonplace at every stand and pond...

Originally posted by Sportin' Woodies:
    why dont we just insert GPS devices in every deer's ass?
    [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] fug'n hilarious [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Oh man! This is gonna put a big dent in my poaching and trespassing career! Now I'm gonna have to wear a ski mask or panty hose like some filthy common criminal! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

These things will be the cat's ass for security of remote places. Even if the low down crook steals the camera, his picture has already been uploaded to a server and the landowner has been paged.

I would love to have one to keep track of the pond construction that will be going on at my place.

Hell, just set up the remote controlled rifle, and pop'em from your office.

They will lock you up for that or I would! So we just prosecute them instead...

who in the hell wants to hunt in place where a cell phone works?

Damn, I thought it said "new tool for mergansers"...carry on.

DAUM that is funny! With the LOST IN SPACE graphics. BWAwwwwwwwwaw . All kiddin aside, that is OLD technology.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

All technology is "old" by the time the layman can put his hands on it...

The thing is my fucking cell phone won't stay charged more than three days, so what is the point in having the pics e-mailed if the phone is dead in three days?

WTF? [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Originally posted by JABIII:
    Set it and forget it
    IS this cam made By RONCO?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "silde the ham on to the rack, close the door, SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!!"
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

YEP, camosnob, thats him Ron P
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"