Thread: "Regular Waterfowl Season"

Default "Regular Waterfowl Season"

What does "regular waterfowl season" mean? Where can I hunt the Irregular waterfowl season? Does this mean the late season? If so what WMAs are you allowed to hunt the early season birds on? Just curious what ya'lls thoughts are on the way the regs are worded.
    "Lord prop me up in all my leanin places"

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    I just like saying Dik Dik

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I assume the regular season refers to the main season not the early seasons for teal or geese.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

It's really not that hard to understand

You get used to em. I've always wondered if you can legally access the WMAs during the early season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

"its not that hard to understand"

ok whats the answer, can I hunt geese on a wma during the early seasons

Yes you may. As long as it is a category 2 and abide by the same regular season rules.I do a lot of early season on wma. Best to call the officer for that region and be sure yall on the same page.
    I still fly that southern flag.
    Whistling Dixie loud enough to brag.

Quote Originally Posted by pokin'fun View Post
    Yes you may. As long as it is a category 2 and abide by the same regular season rules.I do a lot of early season on wma. Best to call the officer for that region and be sure yall on the same page.
    This. Also, just read the regs. They're pretty clear. If you've got questions call DNR or your local LEO direct if you can. They'll help you. Contrary to what some think they're not out to get you. They'd much rather have you abide by the rules because it makes their job easier.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    it makes their job easier.
    Is that why they seem to get mad when I run from'em?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Definitely Mergie!

They're pretty clear. If you've got questions call DNR or your local LEO direct if you can. They'll help you. Contrary to what some think they're not out to get you. They'd much rather have you abide by the rules because it makes their job easier.
    This sums it up. I've called DNR a couple times to ask them questions. Once you get past the receptionist who answers the phone (who makes you waste you breath asking your question, even though you know they don't know the answer) and they put you through to the someone who does, they've been nothing but helpful and straightforward.

Definitely Mergie!
    Well that just sux. I'm only trying to make sure they get some exercise. Exercise is good for their overall health.

. Once you get past the receptionist who answers the phone (who makes you waste you breath asking your question, even though you know they don't know the answer)
    This made me laugh. I think the same thing every time.

Yes you may. As long as it is a category 2 and abide by the same regular season rules.
    What about on wildlife management areas not waterfowl management areas

What about on wildlife management areas not waterfowl management areas[/QUOTE]

As long as there are no scheduled hunts for deer or other species you are good.
    I still fly that southern flag.
    Whistling Dixie loud enough to brag.

Quote Originally Posted by stro View Post
    This sums it up. I've called DNR a couple times to ask them questions. Once you get past the receptionist who answers the phone (who makes you waste you breath asking your question, even though you know they don't know the answer) and they put you through to the someone who does, they've been nothing but helpful and straightforward.
    This may be true in some areas, but the upstate guys had a treasure in Mrs Betty Snipes, but she has now retired. She was the lady to pick up the phone for years at the Anderson office and then Clemson when they consolidated. Most helpful and knowledgeable DNR employee ever to draw a paycheck

Damn I miss her, but I won't miss an opportunity to sing her praises. Anyone who ever called her will say the same.....

Pat Rivers still answers her cell phone at any time of the day when I call her.

DNR officers are hard to beat when it comes to being helpful.

The nice gentleman at dnr informed me that the "regular season" did include the early seasons, and as long a it does not conflict with a scheduled hunt or fall outside the limited small game seasons set by some wmas, you can access wmas for early waterfowl hunting. Just figured I would follow up incase anyone gave a shit in the first place
    Last edited by SCDivers; 09-06-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Pat Rivers still answers her cell phone at any time of the day when I call her.

DNR officers are hard to beat when it comes to being helpful.
    She'll give you a hug and write yo ass a ticket in the same breaf. Likeable lady though.