Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge Coverup by the site/Eric Vaughn SCDNR

Default Huge Coverup by the site/Eric Vaughn SCDNR

thE MODERATORS ARE TRYING TO BURY THIS STORY read it!!!!!!!

, August 19, 2011

UPDATED: Wright's arraignment set; Fed's investigation continues

Allan Wright, the former state wildlife officer assigned to Brown County and later as an at-large agent, has seen his arraignment set for 1:30 p.m. Aug. 25 before federal magistrate Judge Karen L. Litkovitz in Cincinnati.

Wright has been charged with two felony and two misdemeanor counts for alleged violations involving the federal Lacey Act.

The indictment is based on the independent investigation conducted by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, says Wyn Hornbuckle, spokesman for the U.S. Department of Justice.

And a Fish and Wildlife Service official said its investigation is not over.

The indictment charges that Wright knowingly sold and provided an Ohio resident hunting license to a South Carolina resident during the 2006 white-tailed deer season.

Also, the indictment alleges that Wright, using his authority as a wildlife officer, seized white-tailed deer antlers from a hunter who had killed a deer illegally during the 2009 white-tailed deer season.

This indictment alleges that, rather than dispose of the antlers through court proceedings, Wright caused the antlers to be transported to another individual in Michigan.

The indictment charges that Wright then filed an official state form which falsely reported that he had personally destroyed the antlers.

The federal Lacey Act makes it a crime for a person to knowingly make or submit a false record, account or label for wildlife which has been transported in interstate commerce.

Two of the four counts charged in the indictment are felonies punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine per count.

Wright’s remaining two counts are misdemeanors, punishable by up to one year in prison and a $100,000 fine per count.

Wright was placed on unpaid administrative leave and thus is denied his annual $54,225 salary.

However, Hornbuckle also says, the indictment only charges and names Wright.

Thus the indictment does not include South Carolina Department of Natural Resources officer Eric Vaughn, who used Wright’s Ohio address to obtain the resident hunting license and later took home three deer that he allegedly shot.

A spokeswoman for the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources has not responded to a request as to its position in regards to Vaughn.

Also, a spokesman for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said that because his agency was the investigatory organ in the case it cannot comment on any aspect of that work, whether it relates to either Wright or Vaughn.

Charles Traxler, Deputy Assistant Regional Director for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service/Midwest Region External Affairs in Bloomington, Minnesota, said his agency “is, has been and was assisting in the investigation.”

“It’s still an on-going investigation and we cannot comment on anything that might happen or could happen,” Traxler said.

- Jeffrey L. Frischkorn
    JFrischkorn@News-Herald.com

I see him maybe getting a year or less in prison, and a pretty lofty fine, probably around $25,000.00. A jury of non-hunters may even decide this guy is not guilty. Federal game law violations are hard to get a guilty from the jury if it does not pertain to endangered species. You just can't convey the importance of not being able to transport deer antlers across state lines to a stay-at-home mom.

According to this, SC Wildlife Officer Eric Vaughn illegally took 3 deer and transported them accross state lines.....A violation of the Lacey Act therefore a felony....Oh and ignorance of the law is no excuse,,,,,,especially for law officers,,,,,,, this is the feds coming this time.

Of course everyone is innocent until proven guilty

I have a feeling you will be meeting the axe very soon.

*2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

"Thus the indictment does not include South Carolina Department of Natural Resources officer Eric Vaughn"

When you have charges, bring them. Until then, go fuck yourself, Joe.

Default THe Truth must be told

If a turd is a turd and it has been being saved from being flushed,,,,,,someone must flush it out

iN THE WORDS OF bRAVEHEART ........FREEEDOM!!!!!!!

No more crooked law enforcement

Only facts from press releases have been released........Just the facts!!!!!!!! No opinions, no lies........facts are one Officer is indicted and the other is still under investigation
    Last edited by jones; 08-21-2011 at 11:46 PM.

I hope you're as virulent against shit that matters...

Default Yes

I fought 4 wars for my country....... thats quite virulent

De Oppresso Liber
    Last edited by jones; 08-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Default Honor

You may ban me, but I am the good guy. Alan Wright has drug down 5 buddies in his department because he would not stand up and face his actions. They protected a wildlife agent who acted in ways that would have imprisoned you and I. If you wish to join them and to protect those who are sworn to uphold the law but dont......... ban me. It will only make you complicent.

Not sticking up or covering up for anyone. I believe that all parties involved should serve their time/pay the fines if found guilty.

But I wouldn't be so quick to accuse the site of a cover-up when it has no affiliation with the prosecution of this case.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Default My freind

I didnt write the article I placed for you to see..... that was from a major paper from a major city in Ohio....... I posted it and the first time I did it was erased. I will fully acknowledge that this America and we all are innocent until proven guilty. Read the article and comments from the feds.

I want to know about how our law officers and ohio act....... I am surprised you dont want to know here in SC,

You and I would have been arrested for much less.

If you want I will place may more articles to include Alan Wright gettting off violatiing your game laws........and if I lived in SC Id be madder than shit that a game warder form another state could violate my laws

Default cusportsman

My first post to an existing thread ......just the article from the Columbus paper to the old thread about this issue was erased. Just the facts my freind,,,,just the facts.

First off, it is obvious you must be from Ohio. Where in the article does it talk about Officer Wright coming to SC and violating game laws?

People violate game laws all across the country every day. Doesn't mean that I agree with what those people are doing. The only difference here is this happened in your own state and you joined this site just to try and raise a fuss about it because it named a SC officer to be under investigation (not charged).

A gamewarden friend of mine once told me: "Those who violate the law have to get lucky every time, but I only have to get lucky once to catch them."

I have never met Officer Eric Vaughn with the SCDNR, but I do not see where any charges are filed against him at this time. Therefore I do not see how it is possible for him to be found guilty of anything.

P.S. If you will look at the bottom in the Junk Forum, your thread was moved there. That's what they tend to do when you post multiple threads on the same bs.
    Last edited by cusportsman; 08-22-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Default sorry wrong

actually I posted it also in the junk also......information is power. THere is an on going federal investigation that Eric Vaughn is the center of..... Will he be indicted also..... we will see. I am only giving facts.

Alan Wright was sent a letter of reprimand for violating SC trapping laws, by the SCDDNR Chief. You can ask any one of the SCDNR personnel you know....You and I would have been charged and fined.

THis is two states problems with mischief and covering up of wildlife officers/alleged.

Default more info

This from an ohio website

04-08-2010, 06:01 AM
    South Carolina Officer Vaughn killed 2 does and a button buck in Ohio. So, he signed his license and three deer permits claiming to be a resident of OHIO. Doesn't matter if Wright input the information, Vaugh signed it under penalty of law. And Vaughn acknowledged that he noticed that his license showed Wright's address before he signed it.

Wright came to SC for two years and was found to have violated numerous trapping laws. However, SC DNR only gave him a warning. Vaughn was also found to have violated a trapping law in SC at the same time but he was not ticketed, warned, or disciplined.

While Wright was in SC here, Vaughn admits to being with Wright while he was trapping, and Vaughn was present when Wright left with illegal pelts. Yet he claims to have seen no infractions. Wright made thousands of dollars while here and got to keep all of it. Didn't even pay a fine.

It has also been found that South Carolina Officer Vaughn killed 2 does and a button buck in Ohio on his illegal resident license. But the Ohio WIldlife officer Wright checked them in for him. ALso illegal.. Wright said he used his badge number (1582) in the location reserved for the check station number and check county on the harvest report.

Wright has also been under investigation in SC by the USFWS after illegal trapping complaints by a Cnfidential Informant..

Default CUSPORTSMAN

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Man that sucks if true. Ive known Eric for years.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I am just trying to figure out why the OP is so worried about something he has no control over. What is the big deal in worrying about something you cant control?

I finished up a roll of toilet paper this morning and the hardest decision I had to make was whether to go "over" or "under" when puting the new roll on.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Is this te rad he is referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I finished up a roll of toilet paper this morning and the hardest decision I had to make was whether to go "over" or "under" when puting the new roll on.
    Over...you're welcome.