Thread: Truck Bed Winch Mount

Default Truck Bed Winch Mount

Anyone ever mounted a winch in the bed of their truck?

I'm thinking of mounting a cheap atv winch but I can't decide how to mount it, I don't care to weld a plate to the bed, and would like something that is removable.

I've seen a few SCDNR trucks that have a crossbar behind the toolbox for strapping down gear but don't remember how they were attached and if it would even be strong enough to support a small winch.

Any ideas on a mount?

Tater?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I'd look at one of those hitch mount winches

http://www.jcwhitney.com/winch-mount...4FT2&id=21974G
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

What you going to use if for?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

6 inch channel toe down across the bed rails against the front of the tool box. Mount winch to top of channel. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    What you going to use if for?
    Deer/Hogs/Lawnmowers, about anything that is a chore to lift when alone. My tail gate is up in the air a bit. I weigh 260lb and can man handle about anything but figure why break my back if there is an easier way.

Old man that was in his eighties here in town had one that he used to load a one man boat in the back of his truck, always liked the idea of having one to use for heavier items, sadly he passed on before I had a chance to look at how he had his setup.

I have seen several fellows with the boat winches and a boom in the receiver hitch, just a thought.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I used to find it a struggle to get a goat up in the bed. I finally broke down and bought goat-fucking boots and now go at it that way

Seriously, something along the lines of a "deer handle" makes ALL the difference in the world in loading one yourself.

get a headache rack with a a 2inch reciever on top of it with a warn 9000lb winch, its what all the "cool" elk hunters do out here

no seriously, I would try to build something that utilized the holes in the corners of the bed, if you don't want anything permanent
    Last edited by Southernduck; 08-20-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    cut\'em

Maybe try.......

Or this is really going out on a limb......

Last edited by MRoss; 08-22-2011 at 03:03 PM.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen