Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doves???????

Damn fine shoot in Williamston on Saturday. Caught either a case of food poisoning or brown bottle flu and missed yesterday, although it was raining off and on and probably miserable out there. Going back Thursday and then on Saturday morning to see if they are still there. Freshly cut and burned millett does the trick if there is any left. All my birds were slap full of seeds.

Just got back from my little field. We had to shoot between showers. They came in full attack mode between showers. Everybody limited out in short order. Looks like the field will be good for a few more shoots.
    I was wrong about the doves leaving...if they did...they are back.

hunted monday in Pendleton. seemed to notice a push of birds trying to get into the field before the rains came. saw a good number of birds overall. some of the best action was around three in the afternoon instead of the last hour.

Hunted Saturday, 8 limits in 1 1/2 hours. Awesome shoot. Out of the field at 4:30 and by 5:30 there were at least 400 birds back feeding. Took my dog Monday to retrieve for a guy on crutches at a different field. Not as good of a shoot but 5 people had limits in 2 1/2 hours. Pretty good beginning to the season.
    \"How rich will we be when we have converted all our forests, all our soil, all our water resources and our minerals into cash?\" - Ding Darling

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Killed my limit. Good shoot in Dillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Artyyyyyyyyyy, you killed a limit?????? Come on dude. Snake, Sushibullshitter, BugLover and DaddyCant'Killaduck said you were THE worst shot they have ever seen!!!!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Saturday shoot was alright. It was not as good as the pst two years though. Our field got taken over by weeds which hurt us and Gaston didnt help either. We hunted Monday as well and the birds were spotty. Man when they got that wind behind them they were moving. All in all it wasent to bad. Going to try it again Sat.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!