Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota Sienna AC Help

or bring it to me one evening. I have a big Oak tree in the back yard that will keep us in the shade and I'll take a peek for you
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Dude, you're either low in freon or the compressor is shot......take that advice to the bank. These master techs got you going in circles.
    Damn it, Mister. I believe you. But, just for record, here's my first post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I can barely keep up with the technical talk but since it was intermittent before it finally quit, I'm guess it's not your pressure switch but a slow leak that finally got too low.
    I considered the compressor but because it had been working intermittently I went with the low freon.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

BTD, I said if he had 115 psi, then the compressor is not running, but if compressor is running and he has 115 (on bith sides) valves in compressor are probably shot, also I was not thinking of a front wheel drive car when I said to check rad. fan clutch, most likely it is elec. fan cooled.

KRT, the reason I said stealerships comes from another post I had on here about 2 dealerships here in town who screwed me over.
    1st. Did not lubricate my tierods, ball joints and pitman/idler arms, TWICE, and then told my wife she needed an air filter, made the service manager take air filter cover off and there was the brand bew filter (with date and mileage written on it, that I put in the day before it went in for service).

2nd. Left the oil filter so loose it was wobbling and almost came off, lost over a quart in 2 days, right before we took a trip to Florida.

I am all about having trained technicians service my vehicle, but all I want is what I paid for nothinig more nothing less, but I will probably go back to servicing them myself, at least I will know what I have.

I think I done with this one, and probably this forum all together, too many elitist's for my blood, too much shit talking, I am too old for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    I think I done with this one, and probably this forum all together, too many elitist's for my blood, too much shit talking, I am too old for this.
    Well we enjoyed your company. If you ever need any more car advice come on back around.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Damn it, Mister. I believe you. But, just for record, here's my first post in this thread:

I didn't read it all in detail. When you have a guy jumping relays, high pressure switches, low pressure switches, wobbler bearings, electroinc controlled thingy module for a problem then I just ask why not keep it simple.

My first thought was the A/C control unit ( panel ) was seeing a high voltage input from the compressor over load module so it sent a pulsed ground to make the cluth disengage ( the intermittent cooling complaint) to protect the compressor from over load....... then I thought maybe it was just low in freon? Hmmmm do I start jumping pressure switches (by the way low pressure switch shouldn't cause a cooling issue) do I put a break out box on it and check voltage inputs and outputs or do I just take a tiny screw driver and push in the valve on the service port to see if any gas is in the system?
    More fuel = more boost!!

going to the shop tomorrow for a diagnostic. KRT I would take you up on the offer, but Ive since moved just havnt changed my location in SCDUCKS. Live in NC now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2_vnk-3E0&feature=related[/ame]

Well done Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

As usual, nothing helpful to add.

I love southpark
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

No one ever says they're leaving and then leaves....I don't get it.

damn it is great being young, i can beat up on all the old ones here , krt , i thought the same thing , but still will jump out the low press side switch on oldier gm products, since that was my first to work on , before those old foggies told us we had to get our mac's and state and fed sheet . damn it i love beeing young , oh by the the way , that is why it costs so damn much to have things worked on. because you some have tried to fix sheet that had no idea what the hell they where doing. trust me i am not saying i know all, i do know the equipment i service and belive me sometimes i study on a job, and loose money and the customer is the one has the benifit of it. as i told scmoose in pm '2 my dealings in the a/c world is class 8 which is alot easier still(thankk god) but iam never to youngto have a disagreement or learn something from those old foggies

Hey I allowed a simple 3 jet carb eat my lunch...... It only did it once though
    More fuel = more boost!!

Up date not that anyone gives a shit. AC head unit inside the van was bad, along with clutch. Head unit from Toyota 1900 dollars, head unit from ebay 50.00. Having them replace the clutch/compressor, Ill put the head unit in.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Up date not that anyone gives a shit. AC head unit inside the van was bad, along with clutch. Head unit from Toyota 1900 dollars, head unit from ebay 50.00. Having them replace the clutch/compressor, Ill put the head unit in.
    That doesn't fit my World View so I'm going to ignore it...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Moose, I give a shit, it is too hot hot for dem chirren to be riding like that, good job on the DIY, hope you get it going quickly.

I cant take any credit, dealer found the issues after having it for three days. I did the leg work on the control unit. Mamas happy, and I have my truck back now. Only thing worse than driving a minivan was driving a minivan with no AC.

word