Thread: #47 Clemson Tigers

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default #47 Clemson Tigers

Ouch!!!

College Football 77 in 77: #47 Clemson Tigers

We’ve arrived at our first “I just don’t get it” college football team in the 77 in 77. I just don’t see why everyone is so high on the Clemson Tigers? They were an unimpressive 6-7 last year, and an even more unimpressive 4-4 in the extremely blah ACC. Their defense could take a couple steps backward this year, after losing some guys to the NFL, including Da’Quan Bowers, one of the most talked about picks in the 2011 draft.

And the D carried last year’s squad, because the offense was a train wreck. And the special teams was lacking as well. People must REALLY be high on new offensive coordinator Chad Morris.

2010 was: mediocre and blah. Clemson finished 4th in a very uninspiring ACC Atlantic Division. Losing to South Florida in a very unfortunately named bowl game. The Tigers finished in the high 70s and high 80s nationally in all the major offensive categories. And they were an abominable 111th in red zone efficiency. They were very solid on d though, top 20 in almost all major categories including 13th in points per game allowed.

BMOCs: QB Tajh Boyd is a major question mark. How far you think this team can go depends on how much of a “sleeper” you believe him to be. Andre Ellington and Mike Bellamy are elite backs. Top returning talent on defense include LB Quandon Christian, S Rashard Hall, and DT Brandon Thompson

2011 will be fruitful if: the offense improves dramatically from last year. Coach Dabo Swinney believes that Morris can truly revolutionize this unit, as he’s good friends with Gus Malzhan the guru of go from Auburn, and before that Oregon. The defense should be stout once again, but not as good as last year.

2011 will be awful if: The WRs and Boyd can’t connect when they throw the ball. The receiving corps is the team’s second biggest weakness? #1 is the kicking game, as Chandler Catanzaro is a very, very weak starting placekicker. Clemson missed 7 kicks inside the the 38 last season.

Bottom Line: In the ACC, anyone can go 6-6. Because the conference is (with the exception of Florida State and Miami, maybe NC St.) mostly a crapfest. (But hey, at least it’s not as bad as the Big East). But if Clemson’s passing game and kicking game is at least serviceable, the Tigers should go back to a bowl.

BC Rankings: #38 Athlon, #30 Lindy’s, #30 Phil Steele
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

the sports bank - 'your most valuable option for midwest sports'

FAIL. Try again, little brother.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I report, you decide.

That's how I roll, sugar britches..
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I report, you decide.

That's how I roll, sugar britches..

Dayum...that field goal stat is tough to read.

He lost me at NC State......
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Damn, I sure am glad we have all these super prognosticators to tell us exactly who's going to do what and how every team will be. I bet every damn one of them is going to be 100% right the entire season.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Damn, I sure am glad we have all these super prognosticators to tell us exactly who's going to do what and how every team will be. I bet every damn one of them is going to be 100% right the entire season.
    Welcome to the Gamecock Nation.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

***refer to the thread titled :gamecootbcssummer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

You better hope not for dabo's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    You better hope not for dabo's sake.

I got off that train early last year. I have serious doubts about his mettle as a head coach. We'll see what he can do with the new staff and this team.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I am still all in. They are lucky my bulldogs don't come into tigertown though. FYI....you coots better get off the track. There's a freighttrain coming through the concrete jungle this fall. Freight train 38-35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I got off that train early last year. I have serious doubts about his mettle as a head coach. We'll see what he can do with the new staff and this team.
    Salty you are waaaay to bitter. The man did more in 2009 than Bowden in 10 yrs. Cut the boy some slack, he didn't have the weapons last yr, what he did have got hurt, and he still had them in almost every game, and literally a few missed FGs by a freshman kicker away from 9 wins.

He did what good head coaches do, he recruited well, he realigned his staff, and he focused the kids in the right way, establishing player leadership in areas it was lacking before.

Good times are ahead for the Clemson Program, make sure you are on board for the ride, not in the corner sucking your thumb whining because the Tigers didn't hire Mike Leach.
    And if it doesn't pan out, there won't be any trophies for "I told you so."

As long as ya'll stand behind him and make excuses for him, you will be eating the same ration of shit from the USC fanbase you have been eating for the last two years.

I am not knocking him as a man. If I needed sales people, I would make him a hell of an offer.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Salty you are waaaay to bitter. The man did more in 2009 than Bowden in 10 yrs. Cut the boy some slack, he didn't have the weapons last yr, what he did have got hurt, and he still had them in almost every game, and literally a few missed FGs by a freshman kicker away from 9 wins.

He did what good head coaches do, he recruited well, he realigned his staff, and he focused the kids in the right way, establishing player leadership in areas it was lacking before.

Good times are ahead for the Clemson Program, make sure you are on board for the ride, not in the corner sucking your thumb whining because the Tigers didn't hire Mike Leach.

It'll be interesting to see how Morris pans out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post

That Dabo must mix up a mean batch of that Kool-Aid!! And you sir are drinking from the jug!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.