Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denial

Default Denial

Something is rotten up in them hills and you can smell the stink all over South Carolina. Once again, the Clemson Athletic department is turning a blind eye to a criminal domestic violation against a woman by a Clemson football player.

This sort of thing has become routine in Clemson. Clemson's image is being trashed, and you "Clemson Men" are going along with it. Of course you jump right on an 18 year old for drinking a beer in Columbia. But not a peep out of you when your athletes are becoming the Miami of the 2010's. (without the wins of course).

How many Gamecock fans on here called for Garcia's dismissal the day he scratched someones car with a key? Answer- a bunch of us. Look it up. 6 chances for a drunk to stay on the team is stupid, especially when he has cost us games directly because of it. Plenty of USC fans and the media have raised hell about each and every episode. But let's get real folks. Drinking beer and criminal domestic violence aren't in the same league.

Yet you Clemson fans who purport that Clemson University is a virtual paradise of morality, keep quiet as your athletes attack women, kids on the street are beaten senseless, and no charges are ever filed. Many of you are actually proud of this. None of you who are must remember what Clemson University used to be.

Where are the calls for accountability? Do you truly not care what is happening up there when you see with your own eyes the kids holding wads of cash? You see with your own eyes the suppressed news stories leaking out about players atttacking women with no consequenses? Is there no PRIDE left in the Clemson Family?

The lack of morality up there is a root cause of your performance on Saturdays. You can't hope to build a successful program when the program itself is rotten to the core. Why aren't you fans calling for heads to roll? Again, where is the accountabilty at Clemson?

Swinney hopeful Joe Craig can return this season

• <LI class="author vcard" sizset="93" sizcache="37">By Greg Wallace <LI class="source-org vcard" style="DISPLAY: none">OrangeAndWhite.com
    • Posted July 19, 2011 at 2:05 p.m., updated July 19, 2011 at 2:10 p.m.
    Photo by Sefton Ipock
    Joe Craig catches a pass during warmups.

Tuesday afternoon, a.inline_topic:hover { background-color: #EAEAEA;}Dabo Swinney spoke of having only four returning receivers to begin Clemson’s preseason practice.

That doesn’t include Joe Craig, but the Tigers’ head coach is hopeful that it will soon enough.

Swinney said before beginning his annual media golf outing at The Reserve that he was holding out hope the redshirt freshman receiver would return at some point this season.

Craig was suspended indefinitely June 7 after being involved in “assault of a high and aggravated nature” with female track teammate Marlena Wesh.

Following an incident at a track team pool party, Craig allegedly hit Wesh repeatedly with a bar torn from a towel rack; Wesh slashed Craig’s tricep with an eyebrow razor. Neither was charged criminally in the incident; Craig has been suspended from both the football and track teams, and faces Clemson University discipline.

“He’s going through the process we have at the university,” Swinney said.

“The hope is that we’ll get him back, but nothing in the immediate future.”
    Right now, Swinney said, he must wait for university action.

“I’m hopeful that we’ll get him back by the time school starts,” Swinney said. “And he’ll have some team discipline that he’ll do.”

Currently, Clemson’s only experienced receivers are DeAndre Hopkins, Marquan Jones, Bryce McNeal and Jaron Brown. Talented incoming freshmen Sammy Watkins, Charone Peake and Martavis Bryant will likely be relied on heavily.

But Swinney is hoping Craig can bolster that group.

“Joe’s a good kid,” he said. “It’s an unfortunate situation. There’s consequences for the actions. He’s a guy I believe in. Hopefully at some point he’ll be able to come back and help us win the ACC this year. “

Do you cruise the Clemson sports sites every morning?

:troll:
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Garbage. Plain and Simple.

JAB, you probably believe that Kennedy was killed by the mob and Elvis lives in brazil.

That one is gonna draw some blood.

Last edited by BigBrother; 07-20-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Denial is a river in africa as well.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

He's suspended right now. I was under the impression that she started the fight and cut him. Then kept on coming at him with that razor. WTF was he supposed to do, stand there and let her cut his ass up? There were no charges filed because there was no reason to charge them both with the same thing and send it to trial where it cancels itself out.

Should he be dismissed, probably but just like that last fuck-up by Garcia, we don't really know the entire story.

Damn blog sound like it was written by the Illbombya WH press corps. Are all USC fan Democrats?
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 07-20-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Gotcha.

I'm as big as a Clemson fan as they come and I graduated from there, twice. My life does not revolve around hating USC and I do not cruise USC message boards and sports sites.

I don't understand all the hatred.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

woman slashes me with a razor a couple of times, I would consider ripping off a towel hanger and thrashing her too
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Are all USC fan Democrats?
    Yes. I thought that was a given....
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Gotcha.

I'm as big as a Clemson fan as they come and I graduated from there, twice. My life does not revolve around hating USC and I do not cruise USC message boards and sports sites.

I don't understand all the hatred.
    It's called REPARATIONS.

Reparations for slavery is a proposal that some type of compensation should be provided to the descendants of enslaved people in the United States, in consideration of the coerced and uncompensated labor their ancestors performed over several centuries. This compensation has been proposed in a variety of forms, from individual monetary payments to land-based compensation schemes related to independence. The idea remains highly controversial and no broad consensus exists as to how it could be implemented. There have been similar calls for reparations from some Caribbean countries, and some African countries have called for reparations to their states for the loss of their population

Think about it. SCAR was owned for over a 100 years. They want reparations. We have a fella that replies in our local newspaper that feels the same way.

That is uncalled for Art. Damnit.

FYI, in the real world of law and order, if someone is beaten with a towel rod, or slashed with a razor knife there are charges filed and an investigation done, culminating with a decision of guilt or not by a jury of their peers.

As it stands, no charges filed, and any claims to self defense or what have you...are just claims. It is painfully apparent that had this story not gotten leaked a week later that your boy would have gotten some stitches and would be on the roster today.

Ya'lls ivory tower has some foundation issues.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

you guys are ballerinas - Dancing around the facts. The point he was bringing across your screen is not entirely around Joe Craig, it's the fact over the last 10 years, kids have died in "accidents" involving alcohol, kids are in trouble, fighting, baby mama drama and such, and the Clemson fans of the prior decade would have had tommy and dabos head on a pike for allowing the shit to go on, and then be covered up.

Turn your heads if you would like to, there is a very valid point in this message.

It is not all hatred either, I used to think Clemson held there students and players to a higher standard, then I learned to read.........

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    That is uncalled for Art. Damnit.

FYI, in the real world of law and order, if someone is beaten with a towel rod, or slashed with a razor knife there are charges filed and an investigation done, culminating with a decision of guilt or not by a jury of their peers.

As it stands, no charges filed, and any claims to self defense or what have you...are just claims. It is painfully apparent that had this story not gotten leaked a week later that your boy would have gotten some stitches and would be on the roster today.

Ya'lls ivory tower has some foundation issues.

Who's the plaintiff and defendant? Or will both be tried against the state? What purpose would is serve?

You chicken boys have some serious insecurity issues. Got a little bit of success and are scared to death Clemson's going to snatch it away in a heartbeat.

Here this'll help.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4[/ame]
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Rock on Salty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Who's the plaintiff and defendant? Or will both be tried against the state? What purpose would is serve?
    I dont know. I wasnt there. I am sure a very thorough "investigation" was done by the Climpson popo and no one was found to be "at fault". Dey's good kids. They just made a mistake, right? He didnt mean to stick his pecker there while she was passed out. If I arrest em, then I will lose my job, etc, etc, etc.

BTW, Black Sabbath rocks! I think this'un is more applicable to you taters though:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MLp7YNTznE&feature=related[/ame]

The new Clemson morality in a nutshell...

Re-par-ations