Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screwed out of a tag

Default Screwed out of a tag

So I waited and waited for either "We regret to inform you letter", or a "We are pleased to inform you" statement from the DNR about my gator tag. As of this morning I hadn't received either. So I called the DNR and talked to the nice lady who is in charge of the gator tags. Explained to her that I hadnt received any kind of notification what so ever. She looked up my name and address and could find nothing. She then asked me for the credit card # I used to pay for it and after several minutes of searching she found were I had made the transaction on the 2nd of May. However the DNR had not received my name as paid, so my name never got put into the drawing. After I expressed my extreme displesure she informed me because I only had 1 Pref Point going into this year she could not just give me a tag. The best she could do was give me my preference point for this year wich will give me 2 going into next year. What a F@#%ING mess. I pay my fee and my name doesnt even get into the drawing. If any of you havent gotten anything in the mail better call DNR or you will loose any preference points you had from previous year.

My buddy had this happen to him last year and the lady did the same for him as she is doing for you...
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Well next year Im not applying online gonna go to DNR office and apply in person

How were you screwed out of a tag???

What makes you think that with your one preference point you would have gotten drawn anyways??
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

lose/loose. Dang. Toof, a little help please....
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbcaller View Post
    So I waited and waited for either "We regret to inform you letter", or a "We are pleased to inform you" statement from the DNR about my gator tag. As of this morning I hadn't received either. So I called the DNR and talked to the nice lady who is in charge of the gator tags. Explained to her that I hadnt received any kind of notification what so ever. She looked up my name and address and could find nothing. She then asked me for the credit card # I used to pay for it and after several minutes of searching she found were I had made the transaction on the 2nd of May. However the DNR had not received my name as paid, so my name never got put into the drawing. After I expressed my extreme displesure she informed me because I only had 1 Pref Point going into this year she could not just give me a tag. The best she could do was give me my preference point for this year wich will give me 2 going into next year. What a F@#%ING mess. I pay my fee and my name doesnt even get into the drawing. If any of you havent gotten anything in the mail better call DNR or you will loose any preference points you had from previous year.

Take it as an omen from the gator gods. You probably would have ended up eaten!!!
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    Take it as an omen from the gator gods. You probably would have ended up eaten!!!
    BWAAAAAA.....karma
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Awe I'm sorry lets have a pitty party and tell you how much we hate you didn't get drawn... Grow a set of nuts and get over it...
    BTW I was draw and didnt even apply...
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 07-20-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Just catch you an extra episode of Swamp People. That is as good as the real thing. Choot em.

sorry for the delay. grammar police here.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

My cooter hurts.....

I got two tags, if it makes you feel any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Credit cards are the devil.

I am still trying to figure out how the OP thinks he was screwed out of a tag because he had 1 preference point.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

You get your money back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

My 2nd year not being drawn. Ain't that big of a deal. Means more $$$ to my OOS trips this year

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how the OP thinks he was screwed out of a tag because he had 1 preference point.
    simple.....whether you got 1, 10, or 100 preference points there is a chance of getting drawn if your name is in the pot since it is a so called "computer generated draw".

Now....if your name is not put in the pot....theres no way you're getting drawn.

The preference points dont mean shit....I know somebody who got picked and this was his first year applying & a guy that got a tag last year and this year.
    Originally Posted by VaTransplantDuckHunter
    If scducks were to give out Emmys you would get one Robbos!

I got drawn in 2009 and 2010 but not this year. Besides after awhile the squeeze isnt worth the juice.

Some of y'all are not even close to grasping how this preference point system is supposed to work.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    Some of y'all are not even close to grasping how this preference point system is supposed to work.
    It doesnt.
    Originally Posted by VaTransplantDuckHunter
    If scducks were to give out Emmys you would get one Robbos!

Quote Originally Posted by robbbos1 View Post
    simple.....whether you got 1, 10, or 100 preference points there is a chance of getting drawn if your name is in the pot since it is a so called "computer generated draw".

Now....if your name is not put in the pot....theres no way you're getting drawn.

The preference points dont mean shit....I know somebody who got picked and this was his first year applying & a guy that got a tag last year and this year.

And their names are?