Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogs Copperhead Snake Boots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bogs Copperhead Snake Boots

Just order a pair today, be here on Wednesday.. I looked at Cabelas and they were $169.. Seems like a deal from Amazon. I had Lacrosse snake boots but the inside cloth started coming out whenever I took the boots off, got rid of them.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bogs-Mens-Copperhead-Boot-Realtree/dp/B00375LWAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311022608&sr=8-1[/ame]

It may help to wash your feet... daily.

Yeah, I am sure that them being the first snake boots I had since I started hunting had nothing to do with it..

had some that looked that and still do , stiff as hell hard to sit down with and sure enough don't try to drive with them on

Tried 'em on.. I wear a 10 and they are little bit loose, wearable but I should of ordered a size 9. I am going to see if any stores around here carry the brand and maybe come up with a store about losing the receipt so I can score the right size.. Other than that, they are fine.. But I haven't ran a country mile, we'll see Saturday if I cannot swap

Send them back to Amazon for the right size.

Damnit. This is the third time I glanced over this post thinking the Bogster had a new pet.

I've got these. They look great, but after 5 years, I still CANNOT break-in the things, (killer on the top part of the foot).
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

I've got the same ones, and on year 7, I cant say they are even close to comfortable. I mean, I don't wear them but for about a month or 2 every year, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
    I've got these. They look great, but after 5 years, I still CANNOT break-in the things, (killer on the top part of the foot).
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'm sure that you have probably tried this but I'll ask anyway. Have you tried keeping a lot of saddle soap on the and wearing them for a while? It has helped me on a couple of pair of boots that didn't want to relax.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Half price and no break in necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post

they work great until that snake bites you on the top of your foot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post

Noooo - too ugly & would clash with my gun & designer hunting duds..
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

Is that BOGS? Or a different boot.

My rocky swat snake boots' inner lining started coming off when I yanked and tugged them off with great effort and I cussed the company and God alike and then I finally started adequately loosening the laces. Amazing how my lining stays where it belongs now. They go on easier, come off easier. It was a breakthrough moment for this fucktard.

They leak but is that really a problem if it's hot enough to worry about snakes?
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

The old ones, were tight on the heels.. They wore fine. Didn't bother me until I took 'em off. The lace didn't go down far enough and never stayed tight.

its hard to take a dump in those things

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    its hard to take a dump in those things
    You poop in your boots???

Sorry - could not resist

You poop in your boots???

Sorry - could not resist
    Reminds me of a story

Friend of mine that lives in SC now retired from Boise Cascade in Minnesota. He'd tell stories of cruising timber fifteen miles from the nearest road in the backcountry during the winter. Told me that once him and a buddy were out working and he had to answer nature's call.

He was wearing snowshoes at the time and found himself an old fallen log that he could halfway sit on to take care of business. Somewhere in the midst of it all he fell over backwards ending up in his own crap and couldn't pull himself up because his shoes had hung on the log. He finally managed to roll sideways after a while and get himself right side up. He said that he made his buddy promise to never breath a word of it but that didn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    ... then I finally started adequately loosening the laces. Amazing how my lining stays where it belongs now. They go on easier, come off easier. It was a breakthrough moment for this fucktard.
    LOL... thanks for the laugh this morning! I needed that!!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'