Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife killed her computer "clicky, click"

I loaded my XP Pro and it will not recognize my ethernet port that is built in to my mother board (i.e. not a NIC) Are there any suggestions, perhaps a generic driver I can use to wake it up? I went ahead and through a wireless PC card in the machine to load the files so i do have connection to the internet. Thanks, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Rye View Post
    Buy the wife a windows 7 license..... reloading XP at this point is crazy IMHO.
    I disagree. Win7 is a great OS but spending the money on an out of date pc is probably not the best decision. Buy a new one before you spend too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I loaded my XP Pro and it will not recognize my ethernet port that is built in to my mother board (i.e. not a NIC) Are there any suggestions, perhaps a generic driver I can use to wake it up? I went ahead and through a wireless PC card in the machine to load the files so i do have connection to the internet. Thanks, MG
    What brand PC is it? Go to their website and search for all of the drivers. If its a custom PC, you will probably have to find out what brand the mother board is.

shes alive and well now, went to eh PC builders site and downloaded their tool. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero