Thread: Can Someone Explain Netflix?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Can Someone Explain Netflix?

On several occasions I've seen y'all refer to Netflix, I know it's a movie rental type deal. But could someone familiar how it all works explain it in a little detail?

The parts I know are that you can rent movies from them and they'll come in the mail.

I've heard you can also download movies. Can you watch them streaming? What kind of rates do they charge?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 07-09-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

My mom has the plan where you can get three movies at once and its like 16 dollars. You can stream movies over the Internet if the movie is "capable" for streaming over the internet.

Basically, you go on their website and rent movies. A few days later they are in your mail. Watch the movie, return the movie, and repeat.

You can stream movies to supported devices. There are not a whole heap of newer movies out there for streaming, but there are some quality older flicks. I think you have to get atleast the 2 dvd at a time plan to stream from the web.

I haven't had it for a long time so this may have changed..

I have a free trial of their streaming service this month. $7.99/month if I choose to keep it.

While it might not have the latest up to date movies or a lot of the more popular stuff, it has some of the old classics that never made it to dvd, which I like.

Here is a website where you can search what is currently available and what will added in the next few months.

http://instantwatcher.com/

Go through and pick out a certain genre you are interested in or a certain range of years.

You can join their dvd in the mail plan (don't know how many discs you end up getting for $2 more a month). I'll probably stick with the streaming service for a while, works great on the computer.
    Last edited by SOUTHERN WOODS; 07-08-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Go to Walmart and get this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-BD640-W...layer/15773578

This player plays everything from CDs to DVD, and Blu Ray, Youtube and Netflix. Follow the instructions.

It's really cheap and amazing. They only have 50ish videos available for streaming at any given time but they change up the list so there's always some fresh content. I think for another $2/month you can have one DVD mailed to your house at a time.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

More than 50 Rubberhead. Take a look at the website I listed above, hundreds available.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Thanks guys. I'll look into it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

$10 / month = 1 movie in mail at a time and unlimited streaming

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll look into it.
    If you start watching movies, how will you be able to keep up to speed with everything on the internet?
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I have a co worker who doesn't have cable and watches shows on Hulu.com and gets movies and tv seasons on netflix. Pretty cool.

I've been thinking about getting netflix
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

i like talking to females with net flix...you can watch em in their home for free instead of spending 25 dollars at the movies. You cant beat that.

redbox.com

I might watch 5 movies a month. $.99 per rental equals $5 per month.

You can reserve online but still have to pick it up and return it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

God help us, my 70 year old mother in law has been ordering from them for over a year now. And you, you young buck, come in here asking such a question. Just embarassing as hell!!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Well......did ya get it figured out yet dude???????
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Worth the money.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

awooh.com streams movies that are still in theaters.

I've done the netflix thing, too. It's a good deal.