Thread: Droid battery question

Default Droid battery question

Does the Droid Thunderbolt get crappy battery life compared to the Droid 2?

Trying to decide between the two....since I can't wait any longer for the Bionic.

They will be about the same unless you are on 4G. 4G kills a thunderbolt really quickly.

BTW, Droid 3 should be released around July 7th. It should be faster than the Thunderbolt (dual-core vs single-core), but maybe slightly thicker due to the physical keyboard.
    Last edited by Bub; 06-22-2011 at 03:09 PM.

I think its all these smartphones. I have the Casio Commando, the wife has the Fascinate, both are on chargers every night.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Cat, gzone has a droid out now...military grade...FYI

I have an incredible and had great battery life. Then, I got an update from Verizon, and I get maybe 6 hours before I have to recharge.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Dang, I'm impressed an OLD man like you even knows what a Droid is.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

get the X.. its a sweet phone. i bought the extended battery and never have an issue.. good luck,...

What ever you get. Put on APP KILLER. It will save batterylife by stopping unnecessary downloads and updates.

get an extended battery and not worry bout it.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Get the task killer app and use it. You'll be amazed at the shit that keeps running.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Im about to have to buy the extended battery. I have task killer but doesn't do much good when you talk 4-6 thousand minutes a month.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slim61 View Post
    What ever you get. Put on APP KILLER. It will save batterylife by stopping unnecessary downloads and updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Get the task killer app and use it. You'll be amazed at the shit that keeps running.
    Unless apps are downloading in the background (usually a preference setting), app killers are unneeded on the Android platform. In fact, most waste more battery than they help.

The fact is, if you're moderate with how often things update/download, the phone will handle running apps on it's own and you don't need to resources on app killers.

Wife and I went with droid2 about a month ago, do not regret getting the bigger phone/with keyboard over the thunderbolt.... love it, still hate using touchscreen to type long messages... keyboard is the shit... get an otter case

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    They will be about the same unless you are on 4G. 4G kills a thunderbolt really quickly.

BTW, Droid 3 should be released around July 7th. It should be faster than the Thunderbolt (dual-core vs single-core), but maybe slightly thicker due to the physical keyboard.
    Droid 3 looks pretty thick
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Rye View Post
    Wife and I went with droid2 about a month ago, do not regret getting the bigger phone/with keyboard over the thunderbolt.... love it, still hate using touchscreen to type long messages... keyboard is the shit... get an otter case
    I played with both of them yesterday. I liked the keyboard option.

Thanks guys. I'm more of a text and talk person with an occaisional look at the weather radar while hog hunting. I think the Droid 2 will do fine for me.

Droid is all around a piece of trash. I had the tunderbolt CD and it was awful. Text messaging sucked and I literally went through 5 phones in a week and a half. They have an issue with the Thunderbolts right now, that have not been fixed. It's in the operating system as a whole on the phones. It shuts off periodically. ALL 5 did it. The internet on the phone is awesome but thats about it. And yes the battery sucks. 4G it last 2 hours "maybe". 3G its dead about 3pm with limited use. If you actually use it its dead about 12-2 pm.

Droid X2 was an okay phone. They sent me one and I didnt like it, so they ended up sending the Iphone and I love it.
    Last edited by Tee; 06-23-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Droid is all around a piece of trash. I had the tunderbolt CD and it was awful. Text messaging sucked and I literally went through 5 phones in a week and a half. They have an issue with the Thunderbolts right now, that have not been fixed. It's in the operating system as a whole on the phones. It shuts off periodically. ALL 5 did it. The internet on the phone is awesome but thats about it. And yes the battery sucks. 4G it last 2 hours "maybe". 3G its dead about 3pm with limited use. If you actually use it its dead about 12-2 pm.

Droid X2 was an okay phone. They sent me one and I didnt like it, so they ended up sending the Iphone and I love it.

Maybe all those boob pics and such you received gave those phones a STD or something.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

A coworkers daughter works for Verizon. She said to avoid the Thunderbolt at all costs. They are having a ton of trouble with them. Also if you have the regular Droid X, avoid the Gingerbread update. It crashed my phone and could not recover it. Had to fight with Verizon before they gave me a Droid X2. So far I really like it. Not interested in an Iphone. It is a good simple phone but they stick it too you on the apps.......and no free music!
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Go with the either the X or the D2. I have a X with the extended life battery and can go close to 2 days without charge and moderate use. My wife has the D2 and her battery life isn't that bad either. I used to think I needed an app killer when I got my phone but after doing some research I found your display is what kills your phone. Turn your display down after you get it and you will see increased life. The X is the way I would go. It will probably already have the gingerbread update installed so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by BOOMSTICK069; 06-24-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

If you get an X, X2 or milestone X check out droidxforums.com

I prefer droidforums.net for all of your android needs or androidforums.com