Thread: Verizon 75MB option...

Default Verizon 75MB option...

Am I correct in that you can use up 75 MB without hardly sneezing when downloading data on your phone?

I don't currently use a data plan and thought about trying a couple of functions/apps while deciding which phone to move to in the coming months, but I'm getting the impression that I'd best not do too much online or I'll very quickly blow right by the 75 MB limit for the month's trial.

Suggestions?

Btw, Verizon told me that they will be keeping their $30 unlimited data plan and NOT going to a tiered structure.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I use close to 300mb per month, almost 90% of it is reading and checking email. Att has a data calculator on their webpage that will let you see how much data you would use by selecting the things you do on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    this aint facebook. we do not give a SHIT about your every move. either tell stories about ducks dying or show pics.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jgdavis123 View Post
    I use close to 300mb per month, almost 90% of it is reading and checking email. Att has a data calculator on their webpage that will let you see how much data you would use by selecting the things you do on your phone.
    I was playing with the calculator on Verizon's site and it ticked me off. The claims the saleswoman made were completely bogus compared to the data coming out of the calculator.

I think the only value of trying the 75 MB trial is to test my phone to see how much is viable and whether I really want to mess with a data plan. I'm afraid if I had one I'd find reasons to mess with it and just waste time...
    ~ George Washington

Thus far I've found this service to be virtually worthless with my non-smart phone. I've got a "feature phone" (LG Dare) and it's not robust enough to handle the demands for online interaction.
    ~ George Washington

I use A LOT of data. I stream pandora, podcasts and YouTube throughout the day. Email and scducks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Quote Originally Posted by cudexter View Post
    I use A LOT of data. I stream pandora, podcasts and YouTube throughout the day. Email and scducks
    Yeah, but what kind of phone do you have?

My 'feature phone' is slow, hard to manipulate the screens, and since the keyboard is a touch screen app, it's unwieldy to flip back and forth into the keyboard vs. the app itself.

A PITA overall, with little real value thus far. I'm sure there's great potential with the right phone style, but this one doesn't cut it.
    ~ George Washington

What touch screen keyboard are you using, Swype, or standard android keyboard?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I used 1,400,978 KB last month.........

Not as much as some but I get accused of staying on my phone. 2 emails, pandora, scducks, weather, etc......... I pay for it and feel I get my fair share of use out of it.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    What touch screen keyboard are you using, Swype, or standard android keyboard?
    It's whatever comes on the LG Dare phone.
    ~ George Washington

I would look at possibly upgradaing phones if you can get an upgrade and go with either a DroidX, Droid X2 or Milestone. The X2 has dual processors if I am not mistaken to help it run a lot smoother and faster.
    Rumor has it if you are up for an upgrade you better get it soon or else it is gone. I cant remember where I read it but I ddi read it this weekend.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I would look at possibly upgradaing phones if you can get an upgrade and go with either a DroidX, Droid X2 or Milestone. The X2 has dual processors if I am not mistaken to help it run a lot smoother and faster.
    The problem is that I'm not interested in buying a $30 data plan right now... or spending money on a smart phone with all the necessary accessories. There are other priorities at this point in time.

Rumor has it if you are up for an upgrade you better get it soon or else it is gone. I cant remember where I read it but I ddi read it this weekend.
    Are you talking about them eliminating the upgrade discount, or the $30 unlimited data plan?

When I talked to Verizon the other night, I specifically asked about the rumor about their elimination of the $30 unlimited plan and her response was...
    "... that they will be keeping their $30 unlimited data plan and NOT going to a tiered structure."
    Take it for what it's worth... i.e., you heard it on the Internet.
    ~ George Washington