Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stripper tips/ tricks

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Another guy pointed out a problem with this set up, OSPREY'S

This place is swarming with them and I can see them hammering a big trout splashing around the surface.

Any idea how to LEGALLY discourage them.

I was thinking a sling shot with paint balls or even a paint ball gun
    Bottle rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    either way you told me what I had been trying to get out ya.......
    Not sure what you are talking about what I told you

There is a secret trick to the "secret spot" that not many know TRUST ME ON THIS ONE and you will not get that out of me. Sworn to secrecy on this but not as obvious as one would think

Caught me by HUGE surprise

Also still got my "LAKE X" LOL

Seriously I think the ideal thing with the kite will be late fall through spring with big gizzard shad or trout, do not think the BB's would be big enough for the trick

I am thinking the kite deal might work while pulling freelines, kind of like a WTFB line but the bait will be on the surface.

I will try it this winter and see how it goes, it will either work or the Striper Queens on Hartwell will think I have lost my mind

Figure live bait will be too hard to keep alive in the heat of summer though
    Last edited by tprice; 06-21-2011 at 09:25 PM.

trout....

I wish that was in the forage list in the lake I fish.......

Every time I scroll down and see this thread title I think it's the SWAMP.
    "STRIPPER TIPS/TRICKS"
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Every time I scroll down and see this thread title I think it's the SWAMP.
    "STRIPPER TIPS/TRICKS"
    Haha no kidding. I figured it was another one of those threads asking what to do on a bachelor party.

Speaking of kite fishing, when I was a kid we used to fish off the dock using kites, had no idea what "kite fishing" really was, just used the cheap toy kind. We attached the line to the kite with a rubber band and sent the kite out on its own.

It worked well with the right wind. Kept the bait out of the hydrilla too. Beat the hell out of swimming your rig out to the deep water.

Seriously I think the ideal thing with the kite will be late fall through spring with big gizzard shad or trout, do not think the BB's would be big enough for the trick

I am thinking the kite deal might work while pulling freelines, kind of like a WTFB line but the bait will be on the surface.

I will try it this winter and see how it goes, it will either work or the Striper Queens on Hartwell will think I have lost my mind

For the bb you can add weight above a swivle connected to the leader, this will help you keep lighter baits in the water. My only question is will the baits be able to survive the strain of being beat up by the kite?

What is the cost of live herring these days? Does a normal bait well on a boat suffice or would one need more of a larger tank to keep them healthy?

Around $6 a dozen. And a regular livewell will do fine for a few hours..just keep a little ice in there and make sure theyre gettin air.

plenty of $1 bills usually do the trick for me...

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    plenty of $1 bills usually do the trick for me...
    esp. on 17 south

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBoykin View Post
    What is the cost of live herring these days? Does a normal bait well on a boat suffice or would one need more of a larger tank to keep them healthy?
    Ideally you want a well that is round in shape. I use a Zeus tub that will hold about 15gal. I use a floating airhead to keep them alive. Have used this arrangement a few times and haven't lost one yet.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Thanks Ceder and CW. Are there any bait suppliers on the Lexington side. I believe there is one by the dam but that is the only one that I know of.

Yes, Lake World by the dam. Thats where I go. Nice people and their prices aren't bad.

Fish are more active when they are generating.

I find that getting singles at the gas station instead of asking for change at the strip joint, and getting $2 dollah billz stretches your dances out further.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I find that getting singles at the gas station instead of asking for change at the strip joint, and getting $2 dollah billz stretches your dances out further.
    Best pro tip I've seen on here.

Get a live bait tank buy or catch some blue herring , get a good fish finder .Then buy a depth and graph map of the hill find where the humps, clifs , ledges etc . Then ride around over the spots u have found on your map. Find the fish get up wind from the fish. Place about three or four rods about 4 or 5 feet above the depth you found the fish drift over the school of fish . When you are over the fish take your boat paddle and lightly thump on the bottom of the boat . Sounds crazy but it works just try it.