Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tired of seeing this

"DNR does not receive the monies from fines. The money stays in the municipalities in which the ticket was written. "

That is incorrect. Every wildlife citation is either heard by the county magistrate or General Sessions. The majority of the money collected on DNR citations goes back to the DNR. A small percentage goes into the county general fund and other very small percentages goes to other things like the law enforcement academy, victims funds, etc.
    Al Quaeda > USuCk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZ71 View Post
    "DNR does not receive the monies from fines. The money stays in the municipalities in which the ticket was written. "

That is incorrect. Every wildlife citation is either heard by the county magistrate or General Sessions. The majority of the money collected on DNR citations goes back to the DNR. A small percentage goes into the county general fund and other very small percentages goes to other things like the law enforcement academy, victims funds, etc.
    So you are trying to tell us you are a politician or a LEO, which is it?

Last christmas i put my one man boat in on a landing right near our property. I just wanted to see if an acorn ridge was flooded. In my hurried rush i left my flippin life jacket on the back of the truck. It was getting late in the afternoon so i headed on back to the truck. Thats when i realized i forgot the dang jacket. Well about that time i heard the guys start shooting that have been walking off of a public road to hunt OUR swamp. So i was busting it to get back to try to catch them. Well it is after shooting hours, and they are trespassing. I get a 105 dollar ticket for no jacket. I know i was in the wrong...so i paid the ticket. However, if i was the gw i would have left the landing and went a mile down the road to catch someone shooting after hours. Shooting a duck after hours pisses me off as bad as someone night hunting. We have someone else working on this ongoing issue now, so i hope it will end this year.

Low hanging fruit.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton