Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of seeing this

Default Tired of seeing this

I watched several small stripers put on the stringer and leave the river. I'm no saint, but I'm tired of seeing this shit.

the Columbia Canal Diversion Dam, and the Lake Wateree Dam to the freshwater/ saltwater dividing line on the North Santee River and the South Santee River); Tulifinny; Thoroughfare Creek; and Waccamaw River – it is unlawful to take or attempt to take any striped bass from Jun. 1st through Sept. 30th. Any striped bass taken must be returned immediately to the waters from where it came. From Oct. 1st through May 31st – 3 fish per day, 26-inch minimum size limit, fish must be landed with head and tail intact.

The two guys you see here are close enough to being legal, but in the next picture you will see 2 others fishing several feet upstream

This is at the Columbia Canal. I use to run this route, but recently a parking area was opened, and now this place is over run. These jack legs are fishing the fish ladder.
    Last edited by Murray; 05-10-2011 at 10:09 AM.

you shoulda ran up, stole his fish, and tossed it in the water.... then hauled ass.

That fish aint too small, he just has a big foot.

Too bad the gamewardens cant come 'round here anymore. They might find those images useful.

And...agreed on the bullshit factor. I have approached several folks to tell em they are keeping illegal fish. Told each one of em that the gw was on the way and watched em dump dead ones back in the river and haul ass.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

pics were sent to dnr while I was there, went back a few days later and observed the same guy walking off with a few 12-15in stripers
    Last edited by Murray; 05-10-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwagz26 View Post
    pics were sent to dnr while I was there, went back a few days later and observed the same guy walking off with a few 12-15in stripers
    That has been my experience as well.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If DNR was a country, it would be Pakistan...

Quote Originally Posted by Bwagz26 View Post
    Three strikes and he's out friend...

Find him again and you orta dump his dead ass in the river...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

DNR basically laughed when I called in and told em I was next to 6 Mexicans with 20 undersided stripers between 'em all last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If DNR was a country, it would be Pakistan...
    Oh snap!!

Are they harboring Nab?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdeerBASSturkey View Post
    DNR basically laughed when I called in and told em I was next to 6 Mexicans with 20 undersided stripers between 'em all last year.
    It is hard to get any LEO on a mexican breaking the law. The paperwork involved is nightmarish. Much easier to target those who will pay the fine, or post bail.

It is along the same lines as columbia pd patrolling the bars in 5 points underage drinkers while one block over, kids are getting mugged by the local element.

....but you can bet your ass that if one of your nav lights goes out mid trip, they'll ascend on you like a swat team.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    ....but you can bet your ass that if one of your nav lights goes out mid trip, they'll ascend on you like a swat team.
    this^^ is a fact

Call 'em and tell them you think there is a game warden posting on "Ducks" and they will hunt him down like Bin Laden.

Send the images to WISTV and Sammy Fretwell at The State and tell them that DNR is refusing to send officers to patrol the area and "protect the fragile Striped Bass fishery that brings millions of tourist dollars to South Carolina". Add that the area being exploited is the very "cradle" of the Striped Bass, where they come to spawn each spring and renew their dwindling populations.

About the only way you will get the powers that be at DNR to do anything is by fear for their own asses. Now that their Leader is assless after his recent comments, those looking to move into the slot won't want any negative publicity...

I've been watching them do this there for 3 years. I told DNR about it for the past 2. I have yet to see a warden there. I do see them spying on college kids smoking pot down around the zoo while trout fishing. I will make another call this week.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Send the images to WISTV and Sammy Fretwell at The State and tell them that DNR is refusing to send officers to patrol the area and "protect the fragile Striped Bass fishery that brings millions of tourist dollars to South Carolina". Add that the area being exploited is the very "cradle" of the Striped Bass, where they come to spawn each spring and renew their dwindling populations.

About the only way you will get the powers that be at DNR to do anything is by fear for their own asses. Now that their Leader is assless after his recent comments, those looking to move into the slot won't want any negative publicity...

Ska-doosh

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

Too bad the gamewardens cant come 'round here anymore. They might find those images useful.
    Yeah... if it was not for a bunch of crybabys, the GW could still come on here (on their free time, mind you) and give us advice on how to handle such. But it is MUCH better for the DNR to put their head in the sand (or up their ass) and just ignore it all.
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 05-10-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

And how many GW's are there in this county now? 2? And the legisaltors want them at Lake Murray? How can you expect them to rescue a few young stripers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducktail View Post
    And the legisaltors want them at Lake Murray
    Actually, this time, it isnt the legislature. It is a funding agreement with the CG.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    It is hard to get any LEO on a mexican breaking the law. The paperwork involved is nightmarish. Much easier to target those who will pay the fine, or post bail.

It is along the same lines as columbia pd patrolling the bars in 5 points underage drinkers while one block over, kids are getting mugged by the local element.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I've been watching them do this there for 3 years. I told DNR about it for the past 2. I have yet to see a warden there. I do see them spying on college kids smoking pot down around the zoo while trout fishing. I will make another call this week.
    Ding Ding Ding! That's right, they're just following the money! Fines only work for people who pay them.
    “Got tight last night on absinthe and did knife tricks."-Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duckkiller
    I was an athlete at Clemson, not a scholar.