Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 dove field question

If going with the drill, tape off some of the tubes to create a wider row spacing for the flowers. They will likely still be spaced too close inside of the rows.

planter

what slaya said for a drill...but you really dont want to use one.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    what would you put down if you wanted a jam up field?
    Watermelons.

Best shoot I ever been on was back in the 70s outside of Leesville on a big watermelon field. Fellow that owned the field had truck farmed watermelons, he also had a heap of hogs. When he got done with the melons he turned his hogs in the field.

Field was covered with busted up melons and the seeds were everywhere. The doves committed suicide all day long trying to get to them black seeds. We slaughtered doves from noon to nigh on dusk dark. I mean it was a bloody massacre. Later it got the the crazier the doves got. It got to where they were landing right in front of people, you had to practically kick them up like pen-raised quail. They were on those watermelon seeds like crackheads on crack. I bout started feeling sorry for the stupid things.

I've shot a lot of fields with wheat, corn, sorghum, millet, sunflower and about any combination of those you can imagine, but I have never before or since seen doves act like they did that day.

The only drawback was the bees, flies and gnats. Mainly the bees, honeybees and yeller jackets were everywhere too. Honeybees weren't a problem but the yeller jackets was downright aggravating. They like to get right in your face and investigate you up close and personal. I made more than one bad shot because I got distracted by a yeller jacket in my eye or trying to go up my nose.

Evil bastages. :mad

Thank goodness the GWs didn't show up that day cause there was probably people in the field that had a bird or two over the limit. Can't say for sure that was the case, but probably.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."