Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: taking out the trash....

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    lol, no dude.

I just think people in general are funny.
    Killing something in mass just because someone told you it was worthless isn't.

When I was in high school and spending a lot of my spring nights anchored just above the trestle on the Santee, I kept a big phillip's head in my boat.
    Every gar caught got a screwdriver through the skull and was pushed back over the side.
    I did this because the folks I grew up with and spent time on the river with, did this.
    Their older brothers did this.
    Their dads did this.

Gar were shit, trash, scum, not worthy of life.

One night while searching for my screwdriver to kill a 10lb gar, a thought crossed my mind....."why not just unhook him and push him back over?"
    That thought led to others...."why exactly is a gar a peice of shit?"

Is it because I'm pissed it's not a striper or a big blue cat?
    Is it because some of my uneducated peers always told me so?

I think it was probably the latter, and I also think this process is the reason rural people all over the place kill snakes, turtles, raccoons, or whatever else they deem useless.
    i rather people skull fuck them with a screw driver than take a paddle and break off their bills and throw them back in. or tape their mouth shut, or put a stick in their mouth so that its stuck open, or one of the other torturous things ive seen people do. you wouldnt believe how many gar i shoot that have broken snouts. to kill an animal is one thing, to intentionally torture an animal is another, and that shit makes my blood pressure go up.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

right on dds
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Oh I agree dixie.
    It burns me up to no end to think that I sat by and watched folks do things like that and never stood up.
    If I ever witness that kind of trashy behavior again, I will simply push somebody in the water.

Uneducated rednecks are some of the most destructive and heartless bastards on this planet.
    God be with them....I hope they have to answer for things like this one day.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Uneducated rednecks are some of the most destructive and heartless bastards on this planet.
    I hate em to the core.

This forum has it's share of uneducated rednecks. You can easily identify them when someone posts up about a snake. Very rarely is a snake killed for cause. The rest of the time it's just an asshole who's diddy show'd him it was the thing to do.

I actually like to eat gar. Use a hatchet to cut the armor behind the head, them ues tin snips down the back. There is a round piece of shoulder meat that runs down the back that is mostly white. Pull it out and then clean off every bit of red meat.

Then cook like any firm fish. Lot of work, but it is good. I keep meaning to do a recipe like Quackhead11 posted up.

smallwater, are you typing on a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I hate em to the core.

This forum has it's share of uneducated rednecks. You can easily identify them when someone posts up about a snake. Very rarely is a snake killed for cause. The rest of the time it's just an asshole who's diddy show'd him it was the thing to do.
    Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    smallwater, are you typing on a phone?

It was all the talk about hating rednecks that made me do it.