Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 04-17-11

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    I'm glad you had a good time and got back. A "learning trip", I presume without another boat, and staying until dark, on a single engine boat that size is asking for trouble. Be smart, be safe. That's stupid as shit, in case you don't have anyone more experienced to tell you. Now you know.
    Granted i wouldn't take off with just anyone in a boat that size but i guess im like splash. I fish with a captain who if he told me we were taking his 17ft scout out there i would go with him. If your smart and safe, and have enough fuel, you can go anywhere you want and have a good safe trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Good work Splash. I have gotten the balls to do a little near shore the past summer. 4-5 miles past the bouys in Charlston. 196 Key west single 150 yamaha. Pick your days is all I can say

Do what you are comfortable with, and don't be afraid to turn around.

There's a whole lot more to it than picking your days and watching the weather.

Have the proper safety equipment, keep it in good working order, and most importantly know how to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edisto View Post
    We have a plan in place for Armageddon . That is part of the Premium Membership.

nice work, phin.

as an aside, i find it interesting how many jump to conclusions. when i saw fish's post, i felt certain he was laughing at the guy for telling you right from wrong, but others read it as fish being his usual asshole-self. sometimes, the truth is in the middle. he was being an asshole, but on your side.

i am an offshore fishing SOB.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

rank I tell ya'. nice fishing
    easy livin'

Hell, Last year,I took my 1542 DuraCraft out to the bell bouy last year at MI..........and I even had my GPS for back up.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-19-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Nice fish and sounded like a great trip

By way any of you idiots ever heard of SEA TOW???

That along with EPIRB and you are fine and in the words of the world's greatest Captain, Captain Ron "hell if anything is gonna happen it is gonna happen out there"LOL

Ya'll do know that the Vikings w/ the assistance of Christopher Columbus (and commercial sponsorship by SEATOW and EPIRB's- look close and you will see their stickers on the boats) are what discovered the new world right??
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our Members include Doctors, lawyers, and an honest to God Indian Chief Mechanics, students, lawmakers, lawbreakers, professional athletes, bums, and God help us Government employees.