Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edisto Inshore Help

Default Edisto Inshore Help

I'm going to Edisto for a long weekend (wedding) and thought I might tote the boat down and try a little fishing with my two boys (6 and 7). Most of my inshore experience is Georgetown, Debordieu, Pawley's, Litchfield, Garden City area and I haven't been fishing in Edisto since probably high school.

Just wanted to see if I could get some ideas on places to put in, fish and some pointers so I don't embarrass myself in front of my boys.

Would be interested in flounder, redfish and trout primarily, but would go after anything that's biting.

Also, any good bait shops so I don't have to chase my own in unfamiliar waters?

Thanks in advance for the help and feel free to PM me. Promise I won't pass along any info gained as I don't generally frequent Edisto due to ties in Pawley's.

PS - Be glad to reciprocate with info in the areas I am familiar with.
    Last edited by SCSportsman; 04-12-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Edisto Watersports and Tackle used to have mud minnows- I'd assume they still do. Can't help with spots. I've never had much luck in the North or South Edisto.

You can put in at Live Oak landing to fish the South Edisto or put in at Steamboat landing to fish the North Edisto. You could also put in at Dawhoo Landing to fish the ICW- it's located at the base of the bridge (hwy 174) on the Edisto side.

St. Pierre (sp?) creek and Store creek. Good place to start would be around some of the trees that are in the water. Look for what you would look for in your home waters.......

Ask the people at the tackle shop
    Quote Originally Posted by Edisto View Post
    We have a plan in place for Armageddon . That is part of the Premium Membership.

I will hit you a pm when I have a few minutes later tonight. Know of a few good spots in the N Edisto.

Just do like every asshole in georgetown does, drive around until you see people catching fish then drive up to the spot and start fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by GunAround View Post
    I'm going to Edisto for a long weekend (wedding) and thought I might tote the boat down and try a little fishing with my two boys (6 and 7). Most of my inshore experience is Georgetown, Debordieu, Pawley's, Litchfield, Garden City area and I haven't been fishing in Edisto since probably high school.

Just wanted to see if I could get some ideas on places to put in, fish and some pointers so I don't embarrass myself in front of my boys.

Would be interested in flounder, redfish and trout primarily, but would go after anything that's biting.

Also, any good bait shops so I don't have to chase my own in unfamiliar waters?

Thanks in advance for the help and feel free to PM me. Promise I won't pass along any info gained as I don't generally frequent Edisto due to ties in Pawley's.

PS - Be glad to reciprocate with info in the areas I am familiar with.
    The only thing you should be embarrassed about is asking for fishing spots over the internet.

its almost as funny that y'all think you own the fish and the water.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its almost as funny that y'all think you own the fish and the water.
    you have no respect for the privacy of public water fishing information. We know this, because you don't fish public water.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll let you know how we do.

And as far as those embarrassed about asking for fishing info on SC Ducks, sorry your life is so bad. I have helped others on here and been helped plenty. If you read my post, I didn't ask for spots, just bait shops, where to put in, and any pointers for what might work there now. I try and learn whatever I can about unfamiliar territory (whether fishing, hunting, camping, etc.) before I go and SC Ducks is generally a great place to find out about these things.

Store creek is a good starting point. The docks always hold a few trout.
    I prefer to free line mudminnows or live shrimp, that is until the finger mullet start showing strong.

Spottails and flounder can be caught anywhere in the North or South river around the bends of creeks or edges of mudflats on the falling and dead low tides.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Honestly if I didn't know much about the area around Edisto and I had a couple kids to take, I would head over to Botany Bay and fish in Jason's Lake. Much easier than messing with the boat, much more likely to get on the fish quickly and there are some pretty impressive doormats in there.

This is good advice.

I think the pond is only open on tues/thurs.

check it out online.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I thought the impoundments on Botany Bay were youth only?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by MC View Post
    Honestly if I didn't know much about the area around Edisto and I had a couple kids to take, I would head over to Botany Bay and fish in Jason's Lake. Much easier than messing with the boat, much more likely to get on the fish quickly and there are some pretty impressive doormats in there.

You can catch the heck out of some bonnetheads at botany bay at the small inlet

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I thought the impoundments on Botany Bay were youth only?
    Adults can fish with their children.

Fished yesterday. Caught one over the slot and four under the slot. Had one about jerk the rod out of the boat and ended up breaking off. EWT wont have mudminnows for another two weeks. Caught fish on dead shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    you have no respect for the privacy of public water fishing information. We know this, because you don't fish public water.
    i have fished edisto WAY more than you. Its funny, really, that you cant go thru a day without negatively commenting on things. Its no secret what a POINT looks like in the river. People will be fishing there. Why in the world cant I share that info and tell another human being where and how to catch a fish? I am sorry that I feel like it is the right thing to do and you feel like you are cool because you dont share. Fine by me....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i have fished edisto WAY more than you. Its funny, really, that you cant go thru a day without negatively commenting on things. Its no secret what a POINT looks like in the river. People will be fishing there. Why in the world cant I share that info and tell another human being where and how to catch a fish? I am sorry that I feel like it is the right thing to do and you feel like you are cool because you dont share. Fine by me....

no - whats funny is you felt the need to respond.

Who else responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    no - whats funny is me thinking I have any business in the saltwater fishing forum to start with.
    Awe don't be so harsh on yourself dude.

Glenn posts in the cyber duck blind all the time and he wouldn't know a duck if it swam up and shit in his mouth.