Thread: #1 4/3 am

Default #1 4/3 am

Got the call to go with a buddy to roost some birds saturday night and hunt sunday morning on his farm if the birds acted right. Sure enough got to the field and roosted 2 decent birds, and were set up on them togeter by 6:15 yesterday morning. Both of them fired up about 645. 14 hens and one jake flew down infront of us 10 minutes later and it wasn't long before the two big birds eased out into the field. The big bird broke strut finally at 20 yards, my buddy was going to shoot him and leave me the second bird which was slightly smaller....when he pulled the trigger and missed I switched off and took care of the bigger bird. Thick 10" beard, 1 1/8" on one spur and 1" on the second, bird weighed right at 21lbs. My buddy took someone else this morning and they shot the bird that came in with this bird and another one just like him this morning....Decent 9 1/2" birds.
    PS, thanks to spelly for the good pictures!
    formerly Bud-Man

Congrats
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Pretty work H2O Boy! Did you have to wrastle it? Them spurs can be tough on the noggin...

U musta dun wiped off ya facepaint for tha hero pic!! Nice Kill PW.

Naw. I retired from wrastlein after i killed that doe.....
    formerly Bud-Man

Congrats! Why is the bird so wet? Did you dump the h2o cooler on him
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Nice job. Did you wear your welcome back ticket out?
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

hahaha thanks ya'll! The bird was wet because I did have the bird in the cooler. believe it or not that was the first long beard i actually shot and killed.... Spelly was busy until last night so i just waited to get some good pictures of him before i cleaned him. i've guided some people on a few birds over the years, but never actually decided until this year to go out on a mission to shoot a few for myself!
    formerly Bud-Man