Thread: #2 for 2011

Default #2 for 2011

Yesterdays hunt was a bust. Had three birds hammering on public land just to have the hunt ruined by a rubber head that walked around my truck and towards to birds gobbling 100 yards in fornt of me until they saw him "stalking" and shut down. Wind picked up hard in the late afternoon and all birds went silent.

This mornings hunt went a little better. Headed in early because I had alot of water to walk through with my hip boots to get to the spot I wanted to hunt. A tom gobbled at an owl in the pitch dark and my hunt was on. As I closed in on the bird gobbling I realized he was roosted on the other side of the river from our club. He was the only bird sounding off in ear shot so I gave him a whirl. He answered every call and soon after my flydown he pitched to my side of the main river. He landed across a small creek 15 yards wide to my right and after a little more convincing came right to the bank of the creek where I put him to rest. I tested the depth of the water and 3' from the edge it was up to my neck. Nothing like taking a swin to retrieve a gobbler on a 39 degree morning. Back to TN for work in the morning and no more hunting for me til next weekend.

A lightweight of about 15 lbs with a pencil thin 9 1/2" beard and 7/8" spurs. Damn did he light the woods up with gobblin this morning.

Good job!

Congrats! Cool picture.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Great Job!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

nice hunt in the swamp it sounds like! Congrats!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Congrats....sounds like you earned that one!

Smokem brother. The public land Turkey stalkers are the epitome of ignorance. They need to invent a better Xbox Turkey hunting game, to keep those Jack a$$es at home.

Good job.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Way to go, I was hoping to get to see ccleroy swim a ditch sunday afternoon but things did not pan out!
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK