Thread: AKC Question

Default AKC Question

I use to dabble in breeding GSPs (usually for friends, family and people that knew the dogs I had) but am not sure of the proceedure for late registration. I have a male that is full blood from a pair that I had some years ago. Both parents were registered as well as subsequent litters. The litter this male came from was unexpected and quite frankly I was in the middle of a divorce and my head was not all in it. The litter never got registered but I need to register this dog if possible. It was slack on my part and I might be paying the price now, I hope not.

The reason is that I had sent the bitch away for her heat cycle. She was away for the appropriate amount of time and the vet's office pronounced her clear. She wasn't home an hour and the male had her tied up so, I may or may not be looking at a litter that I didn't plan on. I don't want to try and sell dogs that do not carry a pedigree or papers (NOTE: I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL PUPPIES, just gathering information).

And yes, the vet cannot believe this happened and has said the litter is liable to be small or not at all. They have also agreed to trade out services like shots, docking tails, wellness checks etc. for the mistake. I contacted the AKC for information but I thought that I would ask here and get information back a little faster.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'm not sure exactly what their procedure for this situation is. I do know the price goes up with age. Send an emali to them explaining the situation and they will get you going in the right direction. Good luck
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

Actually remembered that I had registered that litter and have the information coming this weekend. Should be a simple matter of filling out the paperwork and sending in the check.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Did you send her away to be bred or just for separation?

I've had a tie at day 23 counting the first day of blood and was considered "past the time", was glad no pups, she also generally accepts the male first time"later than normal" HOWEVER there are people that were following through progestering testing that that was when the timing was right and had large litters.
    www.cedarswampretrievers.com
    Labrador Retriever Puppies and Retriever Training
    Standing at stud:
    Cedar Swamp's Born to Boogie QAA (yellow)
    Young's Trump Card at Cedar Swamp QAA (black carries chocolate)
    Some of the "ladies":
    Cedar Swamp's Linden JH
    Cedar Swamp's Holy Terror SH

She was at the vets office/kennel for seperation. We don't really want pups right now since we don't have the right facilities. I don't know if its a matter of accepting so much as an all out rape, the male is a good bit bigger than she is. The tie was at about 27 days from the first day of the drip.