Thread: 2011 lowcountry bowfishers schedule

Default 2011 lowcountry bowfishers schedule

official 2011 lowcountry bowfishers schedule

ok yall, here are the final dates of our shoots.... I think you will find that we got pretty creative this year, hoping to change it up from the same old same old of years past.

-all tournaments except cooper river tournaments will still be trailering.

-teams need to be at the blast off location by atleast one hour before official sunset.

-weigh in time will be 2:00 am until the time changes, then it will move to 3:00 am.

- entry fees will be 25 dollars per member, and 35 dollars per NON-member unless otherwise stated.

-rules will be the same as last year-
    -no cheating
    -no gigs or nets allowed in the boat
    -no excessive drinking
    -all teams must follow all scdnr rules
    -only gaffs under 6' in lenght are allowed to aid in landing fish

any team caught breaking a rule will be subject to disqualification, and possible revoked membership.

champoinship points race

teams will receive points depending on how they place in each tournament. At the end of the year, who ever has the most points will be crowned the 2011 lowcountry bowfishers champion. All membership dues, and 10% of each tournaments pot will be put towards the championship pot. Two yearly big fish, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, along with the rookie of the year prize.

Points will be rewarded as followed-

1st- 50 points
    2nd- 40 points
    3rd- 30 points
    4th- 20 points
    5th- 19 points
    6th- 18 points
    7th- 17 points.......and so on until down the line.

We will also give points for two big fish for each tournament. 15 points each. Please have your big fish picked out before you come to the scales. We will only weigh in one big fish of each species per team!

Also, see the tournament schedule below for opportunities for bonus points!!!!!!!

Only a teams 6 highest scoring tournaments will be counted, this will allow teams the chance to make of for a bad or missed tournament.

Below will be the official schedule for the 2011 season.

2-19-11 cooper river opener. Cypress gardens landing- 10 big fish + 10 mudfish can be weighed. 20 fish total.

3-12-11 stump hole landing. Santee cooper) dual format. Big ten/ numbers (gar only).. The entry fee for this tournament will be 35 dollars per member and 45 dollars per non member. We will be paying out just like its two seperate tournaments. Shooters will automatically be entered into both pots. This tournament will also be where you can get some bonus points, as points will be awarded to both formats as well (ex. 1st place in numbers will receive 50 points as well as 1st place in big ten)

4-22-11 cypress gardens landing (cooper river),- teams can weigh in 5 cats, 5 gar, and 15 carp. (20 fish total)

5-21-11 south carolina state shoot. 12 hour numbers. As a bonus, lowcountry members will receive 25 bonus points just for showing up. Also each team can weigh in their biggest fish before the tournament to receive bonus points for the fishes weight. (ex. 22lb carp= 22 bonus points) catfish will not count for the numbers tournament, but they will count for the lowcountry bowfishers big fish bonus points. This tournament is a great way to get some bonus points.

6-4-11 hills landing (santee cooper)- big ten + ten mullet (20 fish total)

7-9-11 the hatchery (santee cooper)- teams can shoot in any public water in the state. Teams can weigh in 5 catfish, 5 gar, 5 carp, 5 mudfish, 5 mullet, and 5 shad. (30 fish total)

8-6-11 2nd annual santee shootout (santee cooper) all night big 20 shoot.

8-27-11 rimleys point landing (saltwater shoot) total weight tournament. Species allowed will be discussed later.

10-29-11 cooper river fall classic. Big ten + 5 gar and 5 mudfish. (20 fish total)

i think i have covered it all, if there are any questions feel free to ask....

I will have a flyer for each tournament to hand out to each team so they know exactly what fish the they need to target, to try to eliminate any confusion.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 02-16-2011 at 10:38 AM.

This is a good club for anyone that likes to bowfish....we have a damn good time and everyone gets along great.... This aint no sissy bass club with a bunch of drama.... We have a few beers, talk shit, go out and shoot some fish, weigh them in, and talk a little more shit...

I would encourage anyone that likes to bowfish to come shoot a few tournaments with us.... I have learned more about bowfishing from the guys in this club than i ever would have on my own....

Shoot me a pm or reply to this thread if you have any questions!

ok hit me up with some info, If I am not moving out of state soon Ill look into joining the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

25 dollars per person to join.... Join any time...

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    25 dollars per person to join.... Join any time...

uh do they have a clubhouse , website, or do i just leave the money under a rock somewhere. LOL

DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    do i just leave the money under a rock somewhere
    This - I'll PM directions to previously mentioned rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    uh do they have a clubhouse , website, or do i just leave the money under a rock somewhere. LOL

DETAILS

naw, no clubhouse, we do have a section on a website where all info for tournaments are posted and most members get on to talk shit....

www.bowfishingcountry.com

we are in the clubs section, under lowcountry bowfishing.

its a huge website with a ton of information on bowfishing in general. i have been on it for about 5 or 6 years, but unfortunately last month their website crashed and they lost over a million posts... lost all of our old threads on tournaments from the last few years.... BUT, its back up and running now and it will get back to where it was shortly...

like i said, we dont have a clubhouse or anything like that.... basically, we just meet up for the tournaments, shoot, and go home.... from each tournament we keep a percentage of the pot to go towards the championship pot at the end of the year.... then at the last tournament we pay out all that money and start over the next year. you can join the club at any time throughout the year at any tournament. basically the 25 dollar membership fee just goes into the championship pot. it will make your entry fee 25 dollars instead of 35 dollars per tournament, and make you eligible for the rookie class and championship pot......

ooo yea, did i mention the rookie class?

here, from the other website....

THIS YEAR LOWCOUNTRY BOWFISHERS WILL BE HAVING A ROOKIE CLASS. THIS WILL ALSO INCLUDE A ROOKIE OF THE YEAR POINTS RACE.

BASICALLY IT WILL BE A SIDE POT FOR THE NEWER TEAMS. AN EXTRA $50 DOLLAR PRIZE WILL BE GIVEN TO THE TOP PLACING ROOKIE TEAM AT EACH SHOOT. IF THAT TEAM FINISHES IN THE TOP THREE HE WILL GET THAT PRIZE MONEY PLUS THE $50 DOLLAR BONUS.

IF ONLY ONE ROOKIE TEAM SHOWS UP TO A TOURNAMENT, THAT TEAM WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET THE $50 DOLLAR BONUS.

AT THE END OF THE YEAR THE ROOKIE TEAM WITH THE MOST POINTS WILL RECEIVE THE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR PRIZE, WHICH WILL BE A PERCENTAGE OF THE TOTAL CHAMPIONSHIP POT.

ANY TEAM THAT WISHES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ROOKIE CLASS MUST CONSIST OF ATLEAST 2 PAID MEMBERS.

TEAMS ELIGIBLE TO SHOOT IN THE ROOKIE CLASS WILL BE TEAMS THAT HAVE NOT PLACED IN A LOWCOUNTRY TOURNAMENT BEFORE. (NOT INCLUDING BIG FISH PRIZES)

TEAMS MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE ROOKIE CLASS FOR TWO YEARS IN A ROW UNLESS THEY, 1) WIN ROOKIE OF THE YEAR POT 2) PLACE IN 4 SHOOTS DURING THE YEAR. AFTER TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS TEAMS MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ROOKIE CLASS AGAIN.

IF ANY ONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK. OUR MAIN GOAL HERE IS TO DRAW MORE NEW TEAMS INTO OUR CLUB, AND GIVE THE YOUNGER TEAMS A BIGGER CHANCE OF ACTUALLY BRINGING HOME SOME CASH....

HOPE TO SEE SOME NEW FACES THIS YEAR!

Thanks Ill look into it.