Thread: .380 concealed pistol

Default .380 concealed pistol

Any recommendations for a small 380 or so pistol for cheap---looked at kel tec and a ruger for like 275....is there anything better or is one better than the other for that price or less?
    "Preach the Gospel everyday; if necessary, use words."

Sig P238 is nice.
    “Got tight last night on absinthe and did knife tricks."-Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duckkiller
    I was an athlete at Clemson, not a scholar.

I bought the kel tec 9mm as opposed to a .380 b/c I wanted to carry it in the woods w/ snake shot, and they dont manufacture it in .380. If that even matters to you. It is a small, easy to carry gun. I like the way it carrys, however I have yet to shoot it.

Word to the wise. Break that Kel-Tec in with 50 rounds or so. It may fail 1 or 2 times during the break in. After that you are good to go.
    “Got tight last night on absinthe and did knife tricks."-Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duckkiller
    I was an athlete at Clemson, not a scholar.

I have the keltec, my wife the taurus tcp and a couple of friend the ruger. I really like my keltec because it is the smallest/lightest of the three. The taurus has a slide lock and some other features not on the keltec, but that wasn't important to me as this is just a last case defense weapon to me. Out of all of the "mouse" guns I've shot, the sig has the best trigger, the taurus next and the ruger dead last. Ruger has a real long and heavy trigger pull.

Since you are in Lexington, I'd recommend riding out to Palmetto State Armory (just off Farrow Rd at I-77) as they have most of the small guns in stock and at very good prices. You can put your hands on all of them and go from there.

also check CDNN investments. I bought a kel-tec from them for around $219.00. Just google them.
    Waves of summer grasses,
    All that remains,
    Of a warriors dreams.
    -- Matsu Basho

So they don't make snake shot in 380? that was one reason for such a small gun was to be able to put in pocket or fanny pack for hunting instead of luggin around the glock......thanks for all the input..any other advice welcomed...
    "Preach the Gospel everyday; if necessary, use words."

get a little 22 if you want up close snake shot... or a snub 38

to me one of the problems I see with folks carrying concealed is lack of insight- either get a gun for this or a gun for that... some guns do multiple jobs well but most are better worked as a dedicated weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our Members include Doctors, lawyers, and an honest to God Indian Chief Mechanics, students, lawmakers, lawbreakers, professional athletes, bums, and God help us Government employees.