Thread: New PC

Default New PC

Mine started knocking tonight and from what I have read the hard drive isn't far from kicking the bucket. It's about 7 years old and it's time for a new one. I don't plan on throwing any more money into this old machine.

What do you have or would you recommend?

I would like something that can be upgraded easily in the future and want dvd/cd burner, maybe bluray drives.

I'd recommend you backup everything to need asap. If the drive is clicking, its life can be days to years. It's best to get a backup now so you don't lose anything.

Buy an Apple and be done with it. Once you figure them out you will never buy another PC.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Buy an Apple and be done with it. Once you figure them out you will never buy another PC.
    for what? so you can pay twice as much for the same hardware?

If you just want to surf the web with it, go to Costco, etc, and get a $500 laptop. Millero or CC know more about specs than me for sure though. But I bought my boy a $500 laptop for typing and watching videos, etc, and it's perfect for that and won't kill your budget. Doesn't come with MS Office, however.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    for what? so you can pay twice as much for the same hardware?
    Programs I run the most run on PC machines. System requirements are always XP and on.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.