Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: midlands trout

Quote Originally Posted by Knavin View Post
    To each his own I guess. I will use my five for something worthy of bending a rod. See ya out there if you're there from May through the end. Be sure and let everybody know if you go back to the river and catch another limit of released trout. I'm just glad they did not dump them when the river was out the banks like previous two years and people were catching trout at Carolina Eastman. Between the trout fisherman and high water, how are the rockfish supposed to get big with y'all taking there bait.
    Last year I came across a few of them at the bubbler from the cola treatment plant. Hooking a nice rock fish is a thrill, but the trout is nice on the plate.

Would not be suprised if you were one of the jacklegs that keep the 12" rock fish
    Last edited by Murray; 02-10-2011 at 07:06 PM.

I have seen just about every bastardization of MRP that a man can conjure.... but i think that far too often some folks split hairs to the umpteenth degree based on what they like and dislike rather than the actual facts of comparison.

If SCDNR releases trout into the Saluda and somebody has a dock and that dock has a feeder on the end of it full of fish pellets and the trout discover this ready food source they are the same stocked trout that the next fellow is catching 200yds downstream of that dock on canned corn or 200yds upstream of the dock on a hand tied fly.

They do not develop any more or less wily ways evading the plethora of fishermen (corn/spinner/hand tied flies) than MRP birds develop wily ways evading hunters year in year out....

Now we can get back into the part of ducks migrate and fish don't (although some fish do-) and discuss the evils of MRP from that standpoint
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our Members include Doctors, lawyers, and an honest to God Indian Chief Mechanics, students, lawmakers, lawbreakers, professional athletes, bums, and God help us Government employees.

I need a dock on the Saluda. It sounds like good eating.

hook to table....I dont care if these fish came up and spoke plain english....it would hit the smoker.

Pretty tasty looking in my book.

I want to slap somebody for that. Show me the easy ways I'm hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    I have seen just about every bastardization of MRP that a man can conjure.... but i think that far too often some folks split hairs to the umpteenth degree based on what they like and dislike rather than the actual facts of comparison.
    I don't split hairs.
    I was raised in the heart of MRP land and have witnessed every stunt and play since it's birth.
    If I post that I saw it unfold a certain way, I speak the truth.
    I personally know most of the original members and the staff behind it.

With that said, I agree that scducks.com has bred some stories that probably don't hold water, and I'd bet the majority of the folks that bash the practice never saw a tame duck cross the trees at co-cola slough prior to 2005.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

A released trout will rise to every critter landing on the surface and leave your fly alone, just as a wild trout will.

A released mallard........well you know the rest.

No MurrayWader lets hear what you say the rest is...

BOGS- I never said you invented anything- and I do indeed know of many many tricks that have been played in MRP.... I dislike MRP for the issues that it can bring on at a national level because of the migratory nature of the ducks.

HOWEVER- I still say that most of you are arguing for something with the single minded narrow view that you like that something and AGAINST something with the same narrow mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our Members include Doctors, lawyers, and an honest to God Indian Chief Mechanics, students, lawmakers, lawbreakers, professional athletes, bums, and God help us Government employees.