Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1-30-11 Rebel Yell, the Real Cowboy!

Default 1-30-11 Rebel Yell, the Real Cowboy!

Got my man saddled up yesterday in Hampton County. Been waiting on this since the beginning of the August deer season! He proved himself worth to hang with the Scotia boys, as I knew he would.

Unloaded the horses, checked all saddles, dropped the tail gate and we were off. Not 5 min off the trail we were in the hogs. Rebel Yell got to knife a good 150 lb sow and we had a few more races in the same block, but didn’t bay anymore. How does the old saying go? “dog hunting, er hunting dogs…” There we several little ones in the group that I feel meet their demise after the dogs being gone for a few hours, hope so anyway… Had a few pups that have never been outside of the catch-pin and they did great!

It was a beautiful Hampton County Sunday with 75 degree temps and saddle bags loaded with adult beverages! Makes for a long Monday as my ass hurts. Dreading the stiffness of tomorrow, but hope to be at it again next weekend if the hogs regroup this week as I’m sure they will…

Pictures are limited, it seems every time I take a camera we don’t do shit, but there are a few from the day…

The Cowboy:

Lost Chuffa eater (note, the time and date is all jacked up):

That looks like fun.

Woot!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

next time, after we finish killin hogs, I suggest we kill the horses, tomorrow is gonna be a bitch to roll outta bed
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

John Wayne would never wear his hat backerds. Hottamighty. Caint take him anywhere.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    next time, after we finish killin hogs, I suggest we kill the horses, tomorrow is gonna be a bitch to roll outta bed

....er you could just play cart wench with the other wounded cowboys... Always need a cooler tender... Just don't forget the truck gun! I will admit, you got dealt a horse that needs riding more, she will get right the in next few trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    John Wayne would never wear his hat backerds. Hottamighty. Caint take him anywhere.
    I agree, but the shit we were riding through, he hasn't got the hang of ducking the head in effort to keep your hat on your head... It's a bitch when you loose it and gotta get down off the horse to get it back!
    Last edited by fro; 01-31-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I promise you that John Wayne never "ran" a horse through a lowcountry swamp bottom.

Lee Van Cleef wore his hat backwards when he kicked the shit out of Chuck Norris.
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 01-31-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: .
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Damn a horse....you boys ain't got no yota?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Damn a horse....you boys ain't got no yota?
    That would take half the fun out of it, and plus you would have to walk through the jungle. Why not hold on and enjoy the ride. It's quite amazing how those horses react to baying dogs. They hear a lot better than us and will take you right to where you need to be if you can stay on the saddle.

Marion is the man. I still wanna put him on swamp ppl. I got a text at noon ystdy that said "is anyone up here, I hear a lot of noise but don't c anyone" Thought it was funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I promise you that John Wayne never "ran" a horse through a lowcountry swamp bottom.

Lee Van Cleef wore his hat backwards when he kicked the shit out of Chuck Norris.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett80 View Post
    Marion is the man. I still wanna put him on swamp ppl. I got a text at noon ystdy that said "is anyone up here, I hear a lot of noise but don't c anyone" Thought it was funny as hell.
    Leebo had the world on fire, it looked good... The text i got from him read "when yall come out bring me a beer, you'll see the fire..." Think him and his team were quite thirsty. Robie said he'd pay me back on the first of the month...

Good job on rolling up a few more hogs.

Not knowing much about a horse, are those the Marsh Tacky's they wrote about in the SC Wildlife mag a couple of issues back?

Looks like a lot of fun.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Leebo had the world on fire, it looked good... The text i got from him read "when yall come out bring me a beer, you'll see the fire..." Think him and his team were quite thirsty. Robie said he'd pay me back on the first of the month...
    Can't believe u had King Cobra in your cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Good job on rolling up a few more hogs.

Not knowing much about a horse, are those the Marsh Tacky's they wrote about in the SC Wildlife mag a couple of issues back?

Looks like a lot of fun.

They are not those particular horses in the article, but they are Marsh Tackys, or at least three of them were. I ride the paint horse cause she doesn't like to run fast... Been there and done that, a little gun shy now...

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett80 View Post
    Can't believe u had King Cobra in your cooler.
    nope, but we did have a few green coors with the pain bout rubbed off the can...

Ol'rebel yell looks like he's in some severe pain in that saddled up pic! Nice work fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by quackdaddy View Post
    That looks like fun.
    Yes she does look like fun doesn't she!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

You boys should be laid well and often by large breasted women.

RY you gettin ready to come work out here. That is the only reason I want a horse in SC. I love to ride but damn them critters are expensive. Y'all were riding Marsh Tackies right?
    cut\'em

Damn I want to bring my horse and come hunt with yall.