Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck ID

Maybe I wrong or just ain't remembering right. But aren't hybrids almost all ways males for some reason?

My guess is PintailXgadwall but really a guess!
    Last edited by dukhuntr; 01-19-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: sp error
    Phillipians 4:13

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    how big was the duck Mergie?
    No idea Bog. It was from a guy I know at another site. Killed it in Arkansas.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    OK put me down for Hen Pintail x Mallard.
    We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one I think
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Quote Originally Posted by dukhuntr View Post
    You kill it Mergie?
    Nope, guy I know in Arkansas.

It's not a Brewers is it?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

could be an early season drake though

do we have a gaped open private part shot? I want to see some vagina proof on this one.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Yes, hybrid females are rare.
    For some reason they aren't documented as often.

I think they could possibly be cast out of the nest for being weaker than the other ducklings.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dukhuntr View Post
    Maybe I wrong or just ain't remembering right. But aren't hybreds almost all ways males for some reason?
    um yea, that's why the hummmmmmmmm

This one is making my head hurt. I too would love to see some gaping privates on this one. I just can't give in to it being a hen with that damn bill!!!

Head not hen but maybe that was a freudian slip or however you spell freudian!
    Last edited by Capt. Tom; 01-19-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

I thought there was some kind of genetic reasons for hybrids being males. I'm going to google, be right back maybe with answer unless someone finds it first.
    Phillipians 4:13

I think its a hybrid.

Even early season pintail drakes have a faint or strong blue marking on the bill.

I believe it to be a hen, and that Xs out anything gaddish, as does the shape of the bill.
    It's definitely pintail something....I believe Squatty pegged it.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

The guy says he's been told by the "experts" what it is. But he hasn't yet revealed that ID. I figured between Squat, Bog and Capt. Tom one of y'all would know. That way I can go back and tell him my own "experts" said so-n-so.

In the picture below, the duck measures 8 1/2" from the center of the neck at the top of the picture to the center of the ass end at the bottom of the picture......

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    I just can't give in to it being a hen with that damn bill!!!

Head not hen but maybe that was a freudian slip or however you spell freudian!

yea that was throwing me too.

What time of year was it kilt Mergie?
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 01-19-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    I just can't give in to it being a hen with that damn bill
    This is my problem as well.

This is a good one indeed.

WTF...the only reason squatty beat me on the answer was because my typings have to travel further than his typings. Why can't anyone agree with me?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Thats a small duck.

See....

Bog, quit gravy training on everyone else's answers....

For a minute I thought you had the inside scoop on this deal.

This was my other educated guess but I just can't bring myself to say it...... and this is why I want to see some gaping private part images

Pintail x Mottled Drake!