Thread: Cross Talk

Default Cross Talk

Seems like every time I pick up the cordless phone to use it at night there is some lady on the line chatting away with someone else. I can hear her conversation and I imagine she can hear mine. She has been informed there is a problem with the lines but I have no idea if it is her phone line, mine, or etc.

So what do I need

At&t tech?

New cordless phone?

New wiring?

At&t has been called but I haven't been contacted back since last week.

I'm damn tired of hearing about washing brassiere's, doctors, and family problems when I try to make a call.

Try the channel button.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I don't think this one has a channel button. I don't see one anyway.

I'll probably just buy a new set of phones tomorrow and maybe that will solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    I don't think this one has a channel button. I don't see one anyway.

I'll probably just buy a new set of phones tomorrow and maybe that will solve the problem.
    Yea it might just be time to upgrade!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Calling phone man!!!!!!!! Alot of cordless phones bleed over to one another if they are the same mhz. If you can talk to her next time ask her what her number is and where she is. If its your next door neighbor it is most likely a phone issue. If she is not close by, it is a phone line/phone cable problem. Lots of little things can cause cross talk but if i tried to explain it, only dukhuntr and quackcaller would understand me. If she is not your very closeby neighbor, call the phone company and raise hell. That usually gets us out pretty quick
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Dammit Phone Man, you just ruined my "ask Phone Man" line.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

what is it, i wanna hear. BTW bog, we never did our sneak hunt! Maybe we can go shoot some snipe one afternoon.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I have a GREAT yankee phone repair guy story (Bell South), LOL! I'll give ya the short version.....I dug up over 1200' of phone line when I was putting in a water line and because of this jackass' piss poor attitude (yankee) I sat in a folding chair drinking a beer while he made 4 splices then gave up and left in a cloud of dust

She lives about two miles away, so it's more than likely a phone line issue. I'll call the company tomorrow, and upgrade my phones as well. I think they are 2.4 GHz.

P.S. There is nothing illegal about listening in on cordless phone comms via a scanner. Carry on.

most of the time true cross-talk is when you can talk back to her if you pick up the phone and hear her talking. usually happens when someone splices a cable pair to yours. or if your line and hers are connected to the same pair in the CO. If you are just hearing her when you pick up the phone and she cant hear you then its just the phone you have.
    Last edited by quakcaller; 01-18-2011 at 06:25 AM.

does she sound hot?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

youre on the same frequency. if you dont like it, get a new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    does she sound hot?
    Hooks and I were in Atlanta working and he was on my phone calling around trying to find a Holiday Inn Express with vacancies. He had the phone on speaker and Ashley answered and told us that she did indeed have rooms. After all was said and done Hooks hangs up and I say "Ashley sounds like she needs to get fucked", Hooks replies "Damn right!"....Ashley replies "Uhhhh, I'm still here......" Interesting to say the least

I guess thats a good way to break the ice Tater
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

tater, best pickup line ever.

My shit is fixed. Took the phone man all of ten minutes down the road to change some wires around.

Good deal! Usually not to hard to fix, if you know both locations where the number is working.
    Phillipians 4:13