Thread: Fly shop

Default Fly shop

Went by Luthi's today to check out there new fly section. Nice to have a shop in Gville again!

Thanks for the report. I heard they were getting a fly fishing section but had my doubts. Anyone in particular running that section of the store?

Man, I really miss Foothills.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post

Man, I really miss Foothills.

Me too.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I talked to Steve Grose. I assume he is running that section. I am by far not a professional, but enjoy fly fishing very much. They have a good selection of items.

Thanks, b.brown - I'll go check it out. I'm quite the novice, even after 10 years, but I love it too.

The first i heard of Luthi's opening up a fly section. Glad to hear it though.

There is one in spartanburg also by the way, father in law went the other day and said they have the essentials and the guy running it used to be a guide in tennessee and is seeing if a shop can make it. Head there and support that one also and don't buy online if you don't have too, this is the address of the other one

1398 Boiling Springs Road
    Suite I, Spartanburg, SC 29303
    (864) 699-9433
    Last edited by mudminnow; 01-13-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Both shops need local support to make it. People at Luthi's were extra friendly and helpful. Also looked at some of the TFO rods and was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    There is one in spartanburg also by the way, father in law went the other day and said they have the essentials and the guy running it used to be a guide in tennessee and is seeing if a shop can make it. Head there and support that one also and don't buy online if you don't have too, this is the address of the other one

1398 Boiling Springs Road
    Suite I, Spartanburg, SC 29303
    (864) 699-9433

What's the shop name?

Lots of good times at Foothills. Has anyone heard from Chuck or Bill lately?

Default Luthis fly shop

Well, I have put in fly fishing at Luthis. So far we have Simms, TFO ,StCroix, Ross,Galvan,Wapsi. With Winston and G.loomis on the way. Dave Wallace will be building a bamboo rod on Saturday the 15 of January, We also do fly tying on some Saturdays from 2 to 4.I also have a large selection of fresh water flies with some saltwater flies in stock and a lot more on the way. I have hired Steve Grose to run this department for me, he has been fly fishing for 40 years. Maybe its time for another BBQ at Luthis . Any questions or suggestions please call me direct at 864.320.8861. Stan Luthi
    Last edited by stan luthi; 01-14-2011 at 01:31 PM.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdpsfBsN_Dg[/ame]

Fly shop name is RiverBlade Knife and Fly shop,.... Who knows where chuck is? Last I heard he had a job out west guiding. I always laugh when i think about chuck when he was going to give up drinking for a bit and his liquor store owner was worried that he died when he hadn't seen him for a week

Thanks for the name on the Sptg store.

I sure miss talking to Chuck when he'd get excited and rock back and forth like Leo Mazzone. I love a good fly shop, but that one was also like a clubhouse.

I also loved it when Bill or Chuck answered the phone in their "professional" voice. Cracked me up.

They used to bicker back and forth. That was hilarious. A coworker and I would leave the office, pick up lunch at Pizza City, and go sit around the table for an hour. All sorts of characters would come through that place. I miss it.