Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1754 War Eagle

I've got the wrong boat that your wanting but 1756 G3 CC 60 yammy 2 stroke. runs 33-34 with two people no gear, with gear (100 deeks, 3 people, 12 gallons gas, 2 batteries, and another 75 lbs in LL anchors) she'll push 28-30 easily. Only downside I have is not enough storage. boat is light, but heavy in the rear, I have nowhere to put the tank except for in the back. (boat came with a 6 gallon tank, guy before me put the 12 in and it's needed..she drinks gas quickly)
    Go Tigers!!!

A 1754 with a 50 will run low to mid 30s. The difference in a 1648 and 1754 isn't that much at all.

If someone has a 1756 with a 75 and only runs 34, you either have the pitch off terribly or you are down 2 cylinders. That should easily be mid 40s.

I've got a 1756sc with a 75 optimax on it. Mine will run 38 mph with a jack plate. How do you know weither you have the right pitch prop or not?

How fast should it run?

I am running a 17ft Xpress hyperlift with a 90 Yamaha. Two people loaded down with the live box full it runs 44mph. I had a flat bottom 14ft with a tiller before and got beat to death several times. Although sometimes I miss that flat boat the heavier mod V makes all the difference in the world when running through rough waters.

PMan, I thought you were boat poor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

My last war eagle had a built in hook in the stern. It helped putting a load up but when on top it shoved the bow down a bit. It was a nice feature for a smaller hp but you couldn't make it go faster with a bigger motor. You could stand off from the side and see it . the best view of it was when backing it in looking in the side mirrors for some reason showed it up real good against the straight line of the trailer. A 50 on a 1754 is probably a nice fit. Nice and light, easy to push and won't sink the stern much. I think you'll like it. Bring it to the cooper and we'll try it out.
    easy livin'

I'm running a Trition 170 SC with a 90 Mercury and with just me it will run around 48MPH. The boat has the padded bottom like the Express HyperLift. Mine rides really well in rough water but the down side is the draft. Lord that thing needs a lot of water to keep her floating and moving. Next boat I get will be like Sprigs, long and flat bottom with tiller.

Quote Originally Posted by jon428 View Post
    I'm running a Trition 170 SC with a 90 Mercury and with just me it will run around 48MPH. The boat has the padded bottom like the Express HyperLift. Mine rides really well in rough water but the down side is the draft. Lord that thing needs a lot of water to keep her floating and moving.
    XPress Hyperlift is the same way ......... rides really well, moves pretty quick, and needs double the water a regular mod-V hulled boat would need.

What prop you running on that boat?????

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress Point View Post
    I am running a 17ft Xpress hyperlift with a 90 Yamaha. Two people loaded down with the live box full it runs 44mph.
    I hope phone' doesn't mind me asking ......... but what prop are you running on that rig?????

I got a 16' Hyperlift w/ 50 Merc and trying to figure out the best style prop.

Also, which model Xpress is yours??????

I would have to look. I can't remember for sure but seems the pitch was 26?

... but seems the pitch was 26?
    If it were that high, it wouldn't carry any wieght, if move the boat at all. Should be in the neighborhood of 19, 20, 21 at most.

Unless something major has changed recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I agree with WW ..... more than likely it's going to be a 19" to 21" ..... maybe a 22" but it would most likely have to be on a jackplate and a light load.

For the 2 guys above that I was curious about their props ..... I'm mostly curious about the make and model ........ such as Mercury Vengeance, Mercury Laser II, Powertech REB, Yamaha G Series, etc.

Thanks for looking !

guess i'm gonna keep the old triton. Just gotta get me an alluminum floor in it and cut out the front deck for some more storage.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

The prop is 26 pitch. It's a Laser II and on one side it says Quicksilver 48 26P. When I bought the boat in 04 I tried a 23 or 24P and at wide open throttle it would tac over 6000. Even with the 26P it will bump 5900 when trimmed up and running wide open.

ive got a 1648 war eagle with a 30 yamaha and it will ron 30 mph

The prop is 26 pitch.
    Wrong again I guess. Interesting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a 648 with a 40 yamaha 2 stroke it will run mid 30's.

I have a 1756 triton with a 50 merc 2 stroke side console pushin about 33/34 mph loaded with gear and decoy's. Plenty of room but would probably go with a 60 or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning Gold 3.5 View Post
    I hope phone' doesn't mind me asking ......... but what prop are you running on that rig?????

I got a 16' Hyperlift w/ 50 Merc and trying to figure out the best style prop.

Also, which model Xpress is yours??????
    I am not sure about the pitch on the prop but it's a stainless steel Power Tech. I had the dealer put on for me when I bought the boat. The boat is a 2008 H51DB.