Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1754 War Eagle

dont matter how much horse power you got, if the prop is not properly select for the appliction. kind of like put street slicks in the mud bog

Phoney-man, I have a Triton 1650 with a 40 4 stroke yamapopper. It runs 33 with me.....28 with 2 people, dummies & a dog ! Your 50 should push a 16 0r 17 footer great !!
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

How do you determine the right pitch prop? I have a triton 1756 with a 75 merc.
    on it with a jack plate. It will run 38mph. Is that about right?

I have a 754LDBR with a 90 2stroke yammie on it . It runs high 40s loaded.

Steelin you definitely need more pitch. Just remember that the more top end you get the less low end hole shot you have.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

triton 1756 with a yam F50 35mph.
    Last edited by clouser; 01-21-2011 at 06:11 PM.

I have a 1754 with a 50 and my best friend has the 16 I can run just a hair faster than him! 38mph on gps! I had a 70 on it and it was some what faster but the lighter 50 makes it handle and fish better because the 70 made it draft a bunch more when at idle or sitting still but they both run real well so if you can, try both and see what you prefer! Dont know where you are located but I live in M.I. and would be happy to let you run mine

Quote Originally Posted by falling feathers View Post
    I have a 1754 with a 50 and my best friend has the 16 I can run just a hair faster than him! 38mph on gps! I had a 70 on it and it was some what faster but the lighter 50 makes it handle and fish better because the 70 made it draft a bunch more when at idle or sitting still but they both run real well so if you can, try both and see what you prefer! Dont know where you are located but I live in M.I. and would be happy to let you run mine
    might take you up on that
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.