Thread: Redfield optics

Default Redfield optics

Has anyone tried the new Redfield line of optics, specifically the binoculars and riflescopes?

Is that the scope put out by Leupold? If so, nothing but great things about it.

They started as their own company and were bought out by Leupold. Leupolds bargain line if you will. Not bad for the money.

I have the Redfield Rampage spotting scope. Like it. The included tripod is kinda crappy.
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

I have the 3x9x50 really clear. I like it and will probably buy another one.

I will buy another...I have the 4-12x40 and love it. They have the same lifetime transferable warranty as Leupold. I think they are they VXII glass if I'm not mistaken? This what I was told anyway.

Thanks for the input. I will look to get one after my taxes come back.

Redfield went tits up. Leupold bought the name (only) and are making the scopes. They are VX-2's without the bling. Ive bought two and think they are great scopes for the money and more than adequate for the majority of folks hunting needs.