Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netflix?

Default Netflix?

Anybody got it? Pros and cons? How is the streaming video? Alot of buffering?
    "I feel sorry for people that dont drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they will feel all day." Lyndon B. Johnson

You wont be able to stream new releases right away. Takes a couple months to be able to stream them. I think its the way to go (dont have to worry about late fees).

We get it on wii. We only have a problem withthe downloading when the kids have everything else in the house running and they are not watching what they have running. They just turn things on and leave it. The Wii is also at the far end of the house from the wifi so that slows things down as far as reception. I plan to remedy that.

I understand Netflix is about to pick up another studio or two for movie releases. Right now there are more movies than I care to see and there will soon be more.

Once the movie buffers and such, which is not long, there is no problem.

With the Wii, we get unlimited downloads for someting like $8 a month.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

We just bought a Roku player to stream Netflix and havent had a problem. The movies that they actually send you come quick. Only had it a couple of weeks and havent had any issues. Lovin it!
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

I've enjoyed my Netflix subscription for 3 years. Haven't tried the streaming at home.

I'm cutting my Directv plan down a bit and adding Netflix streaming. Plan to use a router and stream thru a wifi enabled bluray player.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    We get it on wii. We only have a problem withthe downloading when the kids have everything else in the house running and they are not watching what they have running. They just turn things on and leave it. The Wii is also at the far end of the house from the wifi so that slows things down as far as reception. I plan to remedy that.

I understand Netflix is about to pick up another studio or two for movie releases. Right now there are more movies than I care to see and there will soon be more.

Once the movie buffers and such, which is not long, there is no problem.

With the Wii, we get unlimited downloads for someting like $8 a month.
    RP,
    Can you download for later viewing on the Wii, or does it just buffer up and tell you when you can begin? What is the frame rate 780 or 1080? Thanks, I knew the boys Wii would benefit me sooner or later. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I like it.

Best money per month I have spent. Wife uses it at school to show some edu videos, I watch on a # of computers and we have a PS3 to watch on the main TV. I hardly mess with the sending disks back and such... mainly using the streaming instant video thing.... well worth the money.

On another note just ran another network cable and bought another gigabit switch to hook solely to the entertainment center... ps3 xbox..... check out VUDU I think it is..... on PS3 as long as you have a least a 6 megabit connection you can rent/buy HD 1080p videos.....it's not a subscription service just pay as you go and first on is free.... am going to try the freebe this weekend as I just got the wired connection hooked up.... I could not stream 1080p over wireless G.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Rye View Post
    Best money per month I have spent. Wife uses it at school to show some edu videos, I watch on a # of computers and we have a PS3 to watch on the main TV. I hardly mess with the sending disks back and such... mainly using the streaming instant video thing.... well worth the money.

On another note just ran another network cable and bought another gigabit switch to hook solely to the entertainment center... ps3 xbox..... check out VUDU I think it is..... on PS3 as long as you have a least a 6 megabit connection you can rent/buy HD 1080p videos.....it's not a subscription service just pay as you go and first on is free.... am going to try the freebe this weekend as I just got the wired connection hooked up.... I could not stream 1080p over wireless G.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    RP,
    Can you download for later viewing on the Wii, or does it just buffer up and tell you when you can begin? What is the frame rate 780 or 1080? Thanks, I knew the boys Wii would benefit me sooner or later. MG
    I'm sorry, but with my limited viewing of a tv in my house I download for instant viewing. I could not tell you if it can be saved for later. You can "pause" it as I recall.

Frame rate?? Are you kidding? I have no clue. I thought frames went out with a 35mm. Honestly, I have no idea.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Huh?
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    exactly
    So I'm guessing you don't have a Quantam Ion Generator hooked up to your system yet?

Its Awesome, the movies they allow you to watch online are great quality.

Roku is the way to go and you are looking at a 2 day turn around to wait on movies at the most.

Can't go wrong with Netflix
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

best 10 bucks a month i spend...and the streaming at my house is great. my sons tv is wireless and he can watch streaming netflix in his room

Have had zero problems for about a year. Best money spent on TV as far as I'm concerned. I don't think you can save it to a hardrive, but once you load them in your que, you can browse through them (I use a BluRay player for feed, but I'm sure it's similar no matter what device you use.) and when you stop, it starts back in the same place. Well worth $10 a month. We watch more streaming, but the turnaround time on the ones you send back is really quick. I know when I set it up, it tested my connectivty (I assume to determine frame rate - but I'm not sure what it is) but with a N-router there is very little buffer time at the very begining while it loads, then no problem. And when I say very little, I'm talking like less than 10 seconds.
    Last edited by duckduckdog; 01-25-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

i have it on my 360 and it's the shit. i've been streaming king of the hill, family guy, and a space odyssey all day instead of watching jerry springer and maury. definitely worth it.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    I'm cutting my Directv plan down a bit and adding Netflix streaming. Plan to use a router and stream thru a wifi enabled bluray player.
    Thats the way to do it. Been doing it for 6 months now and never had a problem with the streaming. Quick and easy.