Thread: "Christmas" Breakfast Casserole

Default "Christmas" Breakfast Casserole

This is super-duper easy & yummy! Makes 6-8 servings (depending upon how hungry you are). Adjust the salt, pepper & bacon to what you prefer, (I like more pepper & more bacon).

7 slices of white bread, crusts removed & cubed
    2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    6 eggs
    3 cups milk
    1 tsp whole grain ground mustard
    ½ tsp salt
    ¼ course ground pepper
    6 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled

In greased 11"x7"x2" baking dish, combine bread cubes & cheese. In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt & pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Top with bacon. Cover & refrigerate overnight.

Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered @ 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

I think I have seen this same recipe instead of bacon, sausage was used.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Thank you, Ms. Vikki! I see that in my near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I think I have seen this same recipe instead of bacon, sausage was used.
    Could be...I happen to like bacon.

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss