Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diver Spread

That is exactly what I meant.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

The picture above is good to go. I wouldn't use more than about 8 or 9 decoys. That way if you do get into trouble with the tide, line depth, weight, ect you're only chasing a few down the river, not 30 or 40.

Toss them out, keep still, and good luck.

*and i have never had a problem running just 1 decoy off the keel of another*
    Last edited by CYPRESNEAK; 12-29-2010 at 04:36 PM.

My boat has killed over a dozen bluebills this year over my spread and probably had 40+ decoy in...I only use two herters foam bluebills in the spread. I place them outside and upwind of the rest of my decoys, hell yesterday I had two swim to the spread from 100 yards out. The drake was crippled (wouldn't fly), hen was just hanging with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post
    The picture above is good to go.
    Hundreds of ringnecks died in Tree Pond over a spread of homemades painted in the driveway at the Courtney's.

Yes...hundreds.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Hundreds of ringnecks died in Tree Pond over a spread of homemades painted in the driveway at the Courtney's.

Yes...hundreds.
    Haha, did y'all use D's finger paints..

I was lucky enough to take my share of ringers off of that piece of water. Y'all spoiled youngins had it in it's prime, I caught the tail end. It was the honey hole, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post

*and i have never had a problem running just 1 decoy off the keel of another*
    X2 I run them like this all the time just make two or three different lines not just one big one. Also With the wind direction it is good to have the wind to your back but I have had many come in with the wind some even hitting the water and rolling. Divers are very ignorant and very curious thats why they will decoy on just about anything.

If you use the 2 liters, and leave the cap off, they will dive for you too. Realistic sort of.
    2 Corinthians 10:12 NKJV For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measureing themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.