Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #17 Knocked Down

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Bwahahahaha.. Because that yields 170" deer that weigh 275?
    I know! It's absurd to think that people who let deer get older actually kill bigger deer. pfffft, I'd like to see the crazy science behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    I know! It's absurd to think that people who let deer get older actually kill bigger deer. pfffft, I'd like to see the crazy science behind that.
    I'm not arguing with that at all. I don't do it, but if thats what you want to do, its fine by me..

IMO, it would extremely hard to grow a 170" deer in SC, from SC deer, being hand fed in a pen.. Much less it weighing 275lbs...

Georgia's deer are bigger because hunters are restricted to two bucks a year AND they are descendants from a much larger whitetail cousin from the North.. That was the point I am trying to make..

Just sayin..

Tags are for Fags..

Regards,

P
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Georgia's deer are bigger because hunters are restricted to two bucks a year
    No AND. That is THE reason.

For your theory to hold water then every deer in Wisconsin would need to be 170/275 and that just isn't so.

Don't take this as an argument for or against. It's just fact. Buck limits allow deer to age therefore allowing them to reach their full potential.

Tags and limits is an emotional issue but science and data is without emotion. It just IS whether we like it or not.

And SC produces some tremendous deer without restrictions now.

What people have to realize is how rare a true B&C deer is even in these "trophy" states. They just are not behind every tree, even with limits. But the fact remains that limits will/do allow these deer to at least have a shot at getting there.

To each his own. I am glad to see the meat is not going to waste, but don't know why people still like to talk about quantity verses quality. My guess is they are still in the early stages of their hunting career. So, hopefully when u get older you will realize your mistakes, but by then so other young'un will be doing the same thing.

What if our fathers/grandfathers would have been more into management with our duck population??? Instead of going out and shooting all that was there. Just because you have numbers now DOES NOT mean they will always be there. I wish more would pay attention to what has happen and change their way to prevent it happening agian.

So, you guys can agrue about private property rights all day, but the real issue is what will happen in the future. How will all this affect our children and grandchildren. Next time you go out and kill as much as you can - please stop to think about our future generations.

we killed number 48 and 49 off one of our tracts that is 400 acres today. and had 7 misses with 6 bucks that were saw. man that is a fun tract of land

Quote Originally Posted by PP&WS View Post
    we killed number 48 and 49 off one of our tracts that is 400 acres today. and had 7 misses with 6 bucks that were saw. man that is a fun tract of land
    8.16 acres per deer. Glad to see you are managing the resource.
    Last edited by dfasano; 12-16-2010 at 02:20 PM.

One deer for every 8 acres. Yall are the best hunters in the ultraverse.

Quote Originally Posted by BookmanFreak View Post
    A tag system would be just like the turkey tag system, WORTHLESS! Unless you have to check them in it's a waste. I shot 17 four years ago at the farm in order to try to take all the doe tags, 11 the following year, 2 last year and 2 this year. I def don't want to mess w 17 or 11 deer in one season again. Plus I think I'm getting soft about killing shit!
    Rules and Regulations are for honest sportsmen. So, you are right tags or any other regulation will not work for renegades.

One deer for every 8 acres. Yall are the best hunters in the ultraverse.

when you average that for 15 years and it is dog only, no stand hunting period, i'll agree with you

Make sure you take pictures for your children to see, because they will not be able to enjoy deer hunting. I hope you are proud.

when you average that for 15 years and it is dog only, no stand hunting period, i'll agree with you
    In that case, I retract my statement. You've got the best dogs in the ultraverse.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Make sure you take pictures for your children to see, because they will not be able to enjoy deer hunting. I hope you are proud.

I will, and they told the landowner the same thing before i was ever born 30 years ago. He cant kill em out and he wants to, he estimates $7-8k damage a year from deer. we are more than obliged to help. and DNR gives him 80 doe tags a year and we have never tried to fill them

In that case, I retract my statement. You've got the best dogs in the ultraverse.

Well thanks

To each his own. I am glad to see the meat is not going to waste, but don't know why people still like to talk about quantity verses quality. My guess is they are still in the early stages of their hunting career. So, hopefully when u get older you will realize your mistakes, but by then so other young'un will be doing the same thing.

What if our fathers/grandfathers would have been more into management with our duck population??? Instead of going out and shooting all that was there. Just because you have numbers now DOES NOT mean they will always be there. I wish more would pay attention to what has happen and change their way to prevent it happening agian.

So, you guys can agrue about private property rights all day, but the real issue is what will happen in the future. How will all this affect our children and grandchildren. Next time you go out and kill as much as you can - please stop to think about our future generations.
    i know some 70-80 year old men that kill 7-8 bucks before october..... they been hunting for longer than you have been alive....

i know its hard for some of you to believe, but some people enjoy the hunt, and the kill, and the camaraderie.... they are just as tickled with a basket rack 6 point as they are a stud 8 point.... as long as they are within the laws of where they hunt why should you look down on them? they have just as much right to kill 10 6 points a year if that makes them happy and they are within the law....

the qdma fucktard shit has and will ruin hunting in this state..... just because someone on t.v. tells you that you should let a 14 inch 8 point walk doesnt mean shit.....

i can guarantee you this.... some of the biggest qdma "management" types are the ones that started in their 20s or 30s... mainly because they learned most of what they know from television...... and all you hear on television is "dont kill the 100" 8 point"

Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    8.16 deer per acre. Glad to see you are managing the resource.

glad to see you skipped math class in high school....

edit to add: u r a dumbass
    Last edited by dixiedeerslaya; 12-16-2010 at 02:18 PM.

pp&ws....I am no biologist, but if you shoot 50 per year on 400 ac, you will greatly reduce your deer herd. Not to mention deer are not stupid animals, so they will leave the property due to the pressure. So, I doubt that the landowners has had a deer problem for 30 years if he shoots everything.

Give me a break. Deer aren't going anywhere. I could have killed a 100 if I wanted. 17 was easy on them. Been deer hunting over 20 years. Not everyone kills 17 a season or even close. I never have killed over 8 in a season prior to this season. I'm in a unique situation where it's possible to kill high numbers AND NOT HURT ANYTHING FOR THE FUTURE. I'm part of a group that is helping a landowner with his deer population. I'd like to also through in that I have hunted hard for the deer I've killed this season. All but 2 were shot with the aid of bait/corn. Everything else - Scout and Climber style, deep in swamps, heat, misquotes, snakes, long drags out. Nothing lazy...... I'm proud of my season and will probably never have another this SUCCESSFULL....

8.16 deer per acre. Glad to see you are managing the resource.

That don't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    glad to see you skipped math class in high school....

edit to add: u r a dumbass
    I have a real job and got in a hurry. Thanks for pointing out that I worded it wrong.

I have a real job and got in a hurry. Thanks for pointing out that I worded it wrong.
    you are welcome..... hope that real job doesnt involve fractions