Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #17 Knocked Down

Default #17 Knocked Down

This one’s going to Haiti to feed the hungry.

Nice!!!!

2 more years and hed a been a split brown 11 pt.

but only with the proper "genetics" in the diet.

nice work, M2. you have killed more deer than I have on my entire property.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I cannot think of a more appropriate justification for a tag system then this.

good killin man.....

i cant kill as many deer on my PRIVATE land as you can on your PRIVATE land, i think the government should initiate a tag system, and limits so you wont be able to kill more than i can.....

give me a fuckin break.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    good killin man.....

i cant kill as many deer on my PRIVATE land as you can on your PRIVATE land, i think the government should initiate a tag system, and limits so you wont be able to kill more than i can.....

give me a fuckin break.
    x2
    Bone....

i think its worth talking about.

does it mean that a statewide tag system should be in effect? tough call really with the difference in deer populations across the state. I am here to tell you I couldnt kill 17 deer on my place. Seriously. Granted, i must really suck at deer hunting, but that is a different issue.

My point? yes, I have one. My point is that I dont hink M2 is doing a disservice to his deer herd. He has enough deer to take that many. No harm done, actually...and likely it is good to take some of those deer.

opinions?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

He has killed more than I have seen all season.

Kill'em!

He should be able to shoot how many he damn pleases on his property. As some have mentioned, it is a damn shame if he not doing something with the meat, but I doubt that is the case.

I have several properties to hunt ranging in size from 3000 acres to 50. I've killed deer in several different counties including the upstate. Mostly does. Some places are managed, some aren't. The ones that aren't are not in my control. 700 acres I control is 8pt or better. I would be all for a buck tag program. A lot of the meat goes to caretakers and their families on the property most of my harvest come off. That deer I killed last night was dropped off at Cordray's for my neighbor.

I do not brag about it. I've only posted a few of my kills and only posted this one to have a little fun today after yesterday's threads.

This was my last sit for the season, it was a good one to close the 2010 season, and I'm proud of him with the bow.

Good luck. Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by M2Field; 12-16-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i think its worth talking about.

does it mean that a statewide tag system should be in effect? tough call really with the difference in deer populations across the state. I am here to tell you I couldnt kill 17 deer on my place. Seriously. Granted, i must really suck at deer hunting, but that is a different issue.

My point? yes, I have one. My point is that I dont hink M2 is doing a disservice to his deer herd. He has enough deer to take that many. No harm done, actually...and likely it is good to take some of those deer.

opinions?
    17 deer off of the 300+- acres i hunt would be tough...... 17 deer off of several thousand, nothing at all.....

there is a dog hunting club in my area that doesnt even hunt hard and has killed 78 deer this year off of around 4000 acres... and they kill close to that many every year.... they have killed two over 140 this year..... and several in the 120 class.... and they dont cull... if its over 60 pounds, shooot it...

it all depends on your area... this state has such diverse habitat, from agriculture to mountians to river swamps to pine plantations to suburban honey holes.....

just because you only kill a respectable 4 deer a year off of your 200 acres, doesnt mean a man killing 17 a year off of a few thousand acres over two or three properties is doing any harm to the deer population...

With that many acres and that spread apart, doens't seem like an issue in this case.

But i have to argue the "he can kill as much as he wants on PRIVATE land"

Land is private, but deer don't belong to the land or the owner of the land. They are a shared public resource. So a tag system wouldn't be a bad idea, but should given as land tags, not assigned to a person. That way you could only take a certain number based on acreage.

Can i dump batteries and antifreeze on my land....since its private?
    Last edited by everlast; 12-16-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Can i dump batteries and antifreeze on my land....since its private?
    sure. make sure its close to your well tho....

Attah way Bill!!

Stomp the nests..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

But I thought the deer population was down due to the evil and ever expanding Wile E. Coyote?

If that is the case, as has been stated here sooo many times, then wouldn't you WANT to shoot less deer?

So which is it?

I'm cornfused.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-16-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    I have several properties to hunt ranging in size from 3000 acres to 50. I've killed deer in several different counties including the upstate. Mostly does. Some places are managed, some aren't. The ones that aren't are not in my control. 700 acres I control is 8pt or better. I would be all for a buck tag program. A lot of the meat goes to caretakers and their families on the property most of my harvest come off. That deer I killed last night was dropped off at Cordray's for my neighbor.

I do not brag about it. I've only posted a few of my kills and only posted this one to have a little fun today after yesterday's threads.

This was my last sit for the season, it was a good one to close the 2010 season, and I'm proud of him with the bow.

Good luck. Merry Christmas.
    Awesome. Thanks for the good luck. Merry Christmas to you.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

The number you kill is not an issue if you're hunting several different properties in several different counties. I do the same thing, but am careful not to kill too many on any one tract. I try to base it off of what I'm seeing.

That being said, I'm in favor of a tag system.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Attah way Bill!!